Skip to main content

CAT 2007

Finally, I took the Common Admission Test on Sunday, 18th November. I liked the way I worked my way to the CAT center. On the previous day as well as on the D-day, I didn’t show any signs of tension or pressure. It was going to be just another test. And it turned out to be one….

The test started at 10.30am. Interestingly, the person with Test Registration No. previous to me was absent, similar to last year. I started with Math, then Verbal and finally DI. Unfortunately my performance in none of the section was satisfactory. Even though, I have got really good marks in Quant, it did put some pressure on me. Quant was really tough, but I should have told myself to calm down as most others would be having tougher time than me. It didn’t really affect my English, but severed my DI. I should not have skipped the 4 DS sums at the start of the section. But it’s always easy to say after the test, what “should” be done and what “should not” be done. It’s all about what you do in those 2 ½ hours. I tried my best, to produce a fairly good result, but as one of my friends says “Good is not good enough when better is required”.

I should get 44 in Math, 32 in DI with 15 to 25 in English. That makes it 91-101 as my total. I hope whatever it may be; it fetches me a call from at least 1 non-IIM. I don’t think there is a possibility of any IIM calls, but then that’s not the end of the world. I have XAT, CET. I can crack those tests, and accomplish my goals.

Finally, finishing of on a happier note, I am damn sure my friend Sidscope will get a call from at least 1 IIM. His score is varying between 110 and 120. Best of luck to him. :)

Comments

Best of luck for results....n furher exams....i am sure u ll land up at a good institute for sure....
Meghna Bhujwala said…
Ofcourse its not the end of the world..there's no end to the world unless u insist to put one!! All the best v'r praying for you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My favorite Dialogue : Vegeta's Respect

I wanted to publish this since long time, but always postponed it, waiting for the right time. Well actually it is not a dialogue, since only one person is speaking.  This dialogue is from my favorite Cartoon serial DragonballZ and is spoken by my favorite character Vegeta . The scene is in the climax of the serial, in one of the final episodes. To give you an idea why I like it, let me give you some idea about DragonballZ . The characters Goku and Vegeta are one of the most important characters in the series. Goku, the protagonist, who is actually an alien from a planet called Vegeta and is one of the last of his race Saiyan . But unlike the Saiyans who are naturally aggressive, fight-loving, brutal, strongest warriors in the world, he is very calm, naive. He hates to be a Saiyan, when he realizes that he belongs to such a killing race. According to his blood line and roots on planet Vegeta, he is a third grade soldier in the Saiyan Army. On the contrary, Vegeta is the Prince o...

Marathi Manoos

I read the following article in Mint yesterday. http://www.livemint.com/Articles/2010/02/19213129/The-Thackerays8217-primitiv.html I was shocked by the bias shown by the author against the Marathis. I completely agreed with him when he talks about Sena. Both Shivsena and MNS have done more damage to Marathis than they have helped. Their methods have been of violence and oppression. May it be Shiv Sena’s reaction to racists attacks in Australia or the MNIK controversy, common man is the one who usually suffers. But the author then checks the list of 30 companies in BSE and 50 in NSE, to prove that there are no Marathi person “owning” a company and goes on to say - “ The Mumbai Marathi, better at renaming things than building something himself”. Then he says - If we observe Marathi society we notice the total absence of mercantile castes. Into this space the British imported the multi-religious trading community of Surat—Vohra, Khoja, Luhana, Memon, Jain, Parsi and Vaniya. The...