Skip to main content

CAT 2008 Special - 1

Well, its finally over. Result will be declared in Jan’ 09 and I will be eagerly waiting for it. I honestly didn’t use any of the “score calculators” which create so much confusion and chaos in people’s mind. I prefer to keep the “good” feeling till the actual results are declared.

As you might have guessed from the “good feeling”, that I had nice CAT this year. It was nice because I felt like reaching to the next level which I always wanted to reach during this year. I am not saying I have cracked the CAT. No. I had a few tricky moments during the test, but what makes me happy about my performance is that I felt satisfied. After a many ups and downs during my AIMCATs in TIME, I came through with a decent performance in each section.

It was really amazing how this CAT preparation shaped up. I started the studies in July end though I joined the TIME test series earlier. I had joined IMS test series for past 2 years but didn't see any real results in the final CAT. In fact, I had scored 99 percentile in my final SimCATs in both the years. I thought that, it was time for a change. It was nice to start with 2 99 percentile performances in my first 3 AIMCATs. But things began to go bad when I started studying. Well, first of all, my attempt in DI was quite depressing. I was consistently inconsistent in each of the sections as my percentile in each section varied between 60-99. I reached my nadir when I attempted just 2 questions in a 25 Q DI section. In the same paper my percentile was 83. That was bad, really bad. I had to make some changes otherwise I was down in the dumps. I tried thinking about it.. what could I do to change the trend..what are my problem areas… am I lacking in knowledge or practice.

I started to think about previous CATs.  Just pondering about what went wrong. There was one thing I realized quickly. I never experimented with my time distribution. My current strategy was 50-50-50 minutes rigid policy with no change for a section being easy or hard. I had to change and then came the CHANGE…..

Comments

Sankalp Shere said…
I almost forgot about your CAT.
Good to now that it went well. :)

Best of luck for your results..
Awadhesh said…
Hey.. nice blog.. :-) Reading this post I felt as if it was a description about my experience in Aimcats.. :-P So, what was the change you adopted finally moving away from 50-50-50 time division?
Siddhesh said…
I will post that soon. Not getting time to complete that post.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My favorite Dialogue : Vegeta's Respect

I wanted to publish this since long time, but always postponed it, waiting for the right time. Well actually it is not a dialogue, since only one person is speaking.  This dialogue is from my favorite Cartoon serial DragonballZ and is spoken by my favorite character Vegeta . The scene is in the climax of the serial, in one of the final episodes. To give you an idea why I like it, let me give you some idea about DragonballZ . The characters Goku and Vegeta are one of the most important characters in the series. Goku, the protagonist, who is actually an alien from a planet called Vegeta and is one of the last of his race Saiyan . But unlike the Saiyans who are naturally aggressive, fight-loving, brutal, strongest warriors in the world, he is very calm, naive. He hates to be a Saiyan, when he realizes that he belongs to such a killing race. According to his blood line and roots on planet Vegeta, he is a third grade soldier in the Saiyan Army. On the contrary, Vegeta is the Prince o...

Marathi Manoos

I read the following article in Mint yesterday. http://www.livemint.com/Articles/2010/02/19213129/The-Thackerays8217-primitiv.html I was shocked by the bias shown by the author against the Marathis. I completely agreed with him when he talks about Sena. Both Shivsena and MNS have done more damage to Marathis than they have helped. Their methods have been of violence and oppression. May it be Shiv Sena’s reaction to racists attacks in Australia or the MNIK controversy, common man is the one who usually suffers. But the author then checks the list of 30 companies in BSE and 50 in NSE, to prove that there are no Marathi person “owning” a company and goes on to say - “ The Mumbai Marathi, better at renaming things than building something himself”. Then he says - If we observe Marathi society we notice the total absence of mercantile castes. Into this space the British imported the multi-religious trading community of Surat—Vohra, Khoja, Luhana, Memon, Jain, Parsi and Vaniya. The...