Skip to main content

MyToday Feed

It was a pleasant surprise when I got a message from my blog SMS feed of MyToday. The last time I got an SMS from my feed was when I first time subscribed to it, 8 months ago. In fact, today I also received an SMS for the SMS feed which I created for Nik's Blog comments. It seems our DM output has increased a lot :)
In case, your are wondering what I am talking about, you would be happy to know that our company provides users to subscribe to RSS fees via SMSes. So whenever the blog/site is updated, you will (ideally, every time blog is updated) receive an SMS. This SMS will contain the title of the post and around 50-60 words of the post. The SMS will finally contain a URL on the mytoday site which contains a image-removed, mobile friendly version of your blog post. For example, here is the mobile friendly version of my previous post.
You can do the same. Just login to mytoday.com Go to "Feeds" -> "Manage Feeds" -> "SMS". Here, you will find a add feed option. Just provide a name and RSS feed link and select the "send SMS" option. Once your feed is created you start receiving SMS about the blog you have subscribed. Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
how to create a feed
initially i was receiving sms alert for my gmail

once wen i changed my password for mail the alert stopped and now i forgot the method

can u hepl me out
Siddhesh said…
I guess you are talking about the Email2SMS product.
Since, I have neither worked on this product nor used it, I would advise you to visit the link http://email2sms.netcore.co.in/index.html
Unknown said…
no no i got the idea once again

its not email 2 sms

its a diff way yaar

if needed i wil post the idea

email2sms is payable and only 100 sms free per year........
thanks for ur reply

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My favorite Dialogue : Vegeta's Respect

I wanted to publish this since long time, but always postponed it, waiting for the right time. Well actually it is not a dialogue, since only one person is speaking.  This dialogue is from my favorite Cartoon serial DragonballZ and is spoken by my favorite character Vegeta . The scene is in the climax of the serial, in one of the final episodes. To give you an idea why I like it, let me give you some idea about DragonballZ . The characters Goku and Vegeta are one of the most important characters in the series. Goku, the protagonist, who is actually an alien from a planet called Vegeta and is one of the last of his race Saiyan . But unlike the Saiyans who are naturally aggressive, fight-loving, brutal, strongest warriors in the world, he is very calm, naive. He hates to be a Saiyan, when he realizes that he belongs to such a killing race. According to his blood line and roots on planet Vegeta, he is a third grade soldier in the Saiyan Army. On the contrary, Vegeta is the Prince o...

Marathi Manoos

I read the following article in Mint yesterday. http://www.livemint.com/Articles/2010/02/19213129/The-Thackerays8217-primitiv.html I was shocked by the bias shown by the author against the Marathis. I completely agreed with him when he talks about Sena. Both Shivsena and MNS have done more damage to Marathis than they have helped. Their methods have been of violence and oppression. May it be Shiv Sena’s reaction to racists attacks in Australia or the MNIK controversy, common man is the one who usually suffers. But the author then checks the list of 30 companies in BSE and 50 in NSE, to prove that there are no Marathi person “owning” a company and goes on to say - “ The Mumbai Marathi, better at renaming things than building something himself”. Then he says - If we observe Marathi society we notice the total absence of mercantile castes. Into this space the British imported the multi-religious trading community of Surat—Vohra, Khoja, Luhana, Memon, Jain, Parsi and Vaniya. The...