Skip to main content

Fair @ NITIE

Bramham-Wheel2

Today I went to see the fair opened near NITIE campus. It has been a while since I went to any fair. The fair had started around 10 days ago, but I wasn’t finding anyone to go along with. Finally, I went Sharmistha, Tejas, Snehal, and 6 more from my college.

Since childhood I have been really scared of heights and speed. I remember once I sat in a Giant Wheel and after 2 rounds got so scared that I started screaming. They had to stop the Giant Wheel. Since then I had never dared to step into another such ride. But this time I really wanted to feel the thrill. The first ride was vertical Giant Wheel (like the one shown in the image). There were 10 of us in the same round with Vinayaka and I in the same car. Well, was I scared? Of course, I was!!! When you start falling… that feeling of “free falling” is hard to describe.. Then went another ride which was slanted. This was not as scary as previous one though Shruti with whom I had gone there, tried her best to scare me. After that we went to “मौत का कुवा”. I had seen that one in real life before. Smaller than what they show on movies. But breath taking stuff. I mean how can someone do that!! And I had never heard of Maruto 800 being used in such stuff. Then we roamed around for sometime. Finally Snehal, Sharmistha and I went to one of the dhaba’s to have Sheesh Kabab. All in all, मजा आली:)

Image Source - http://www.giantwheel.co.uk/resized/Bramham-Wheel2.jpg

Comments

Tejas said…
Yay! ... next timer we'll go to essel world :)
Siddhesh said…
Sure. I hvnt been to Essel World even once.
Couldnt make it last year when my school frnds had gone there :(
Anonymous said…
HULLO...I tried to scare you???How mean
Siddhesh said…
Oh yes u did :P

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My favorite Dialogue : Vegeta's Respect

I wanted to publish this since long time, but always postponed it, waiting for the right time. Well actually it is not a dialogue, since only one person is speaking.  This dialogue is from my favorite Cartoon serial DragonballZ and is spoken by my favorite character Vegeta . The scene is in the climax of the serial, in one of the final episodes. To give you an idea why I like it, let me give you some idea about DragonballZ . The characters Goku and Vegeta are one of the most important characters in the series. Goku, the protagonist, who is actually an alien from a planet called Vegeta and is one of the last of his race Saiyan . But unlike the Saiyans who are naturally aggressive, fight-loving, brutal, strongest warriors in the world, he is very calm, naive. He hates to be a Saiyan, when he realizes that he belongs to such a killing race. According to his blood line and roots on planet Vegeta, he is a third grade soldier in the Saiyan Army. On the contrary, Vegeta is the Prince o...

Marathi Manoos

I read the following article in Mint yesterday. http://www.livemint.com/Articles/2010/02/19213129/The-Thackerays8217-primitiv.html I was shocked by the bias shown by the author against the Marathis. I completely agreed with him when he talks about Sena. Both Shivsena and MNS have done more damage to Marathis than they have helped. Their methods have been of violence and oppression. May it be Shiv Sena’s reaction to racists attacks in Australia or the MNIK controversy, common man is the one who usually suffers. But the author then checks the list of 30 companies in BSE and 50 in NSE, to prove that there are no Marathi person “owning” a company and goes on to say - “ The Mumbai Marathi, better at renaming things than building something himself”. Then he says - If we observe Marathi society we notice the total absence of mercantile castes. Into this space the British imported the multi-religious trading community of Surat—Vohra, Khoja, Luhana, Memon, Jain, Parsi and Vaniya. The...