Skip to main content

When Vikram saves the day...

     Yea, I know it may look strange and even more surprising(to Vikram also). But it happened!!! And it happened yesterday. Well, I decided to give a birthday party to my school friends. We were going to "Sardar Pavbhaji". Before all of us could gather, I had gone to Nik's place, so from there we came to our usual meeting place the "Katta" near Marine drive sea face. While we were coming, I had a brief discussion with Nikhil regarding some of my old mistakes, one of which was lake of passion towards Programming even though I love programming and software. I shouldn't have discussed  that issue, because it made me frustrated and angry with myself.

     By 6.30 all of us were present...actually not all. Kalpesh had not come. And I knew when I tell them that Kalpesh would be joining us soon, there would be some grim faces. The reason? His temper. The worst I have ever seen. But not surprising for an Artist... So when I finally told Aditya and others about him, first thing Aditya said was that Kalpesh would be coming 1 hour late of his given time. Now, I knew Kalpesh and Aditya have some problems and as always both are responsible for this rift. If Kalpesh makes a mistake, then instead pointing it out to him, Aditya has some times, passed "this" information to others. On the other hand, Kalpesh, because of his short temper has turned his friends into enemies. To be honest, I don't like one of my friend talking bad about some other friend. You either criticize some one openly in his presence or don't criticize(Now, you may ask why am I criticizing them here?............They are free to read this blog, its not directed to some specific reader). So when Aditya started it, He added fuel to frustration and at one point I completely lost my temper. Even though I could have said all the things I said, in a much better way, I was harsh on Aditya. He was subjected to my frustration on such a nice occasion.

     So when at one point during our argument Aditya asked, what I really angry about, Aditya or Kalpesh. It was that time I realized that I was being stupid to bring the argument to that level only because of my own pain. But its not always easy to stop such arguments and say sorry. You could actually lose credibility in future arguments with that person. So I had to carry on, but with the realization that I had to stop at some point. And just at that moment, Mr. Vikram popped up one of his PJs directed at Aditya. Thats it! I needed one chance to stop that argument and that was it. I suddenly changed the topic asking Aditya how it feels to be disturbed by a PJ when one is discussing a serious issue. Thankfully, we carried on with some new topics, and the whole situation was under control.

     We had a great evening, though we missed Viraj and Jeetu, but I had no choice but to go ahead with the plan. Before we parted, I did say sorry to both Vikram( for being too rude with him during Picnic) and Aditya (for the earlier issue).

P. S. : For those who also want a "Party", wait for my next birthday, its just 11 months away.

Comments

i missed the party too....:(
n u really need to work on ur temper man....i need to too....one says a lot of stuff to our loved ones in heat of the moment which we shouldn't say n we regret it for
a long time n get frustrated ourselves....what u say man?
Nikhil said…
do u remember wht vikram had said at that time?maybe u cud have written that pj.
and abt short temper..
only u and kalpesh lose temper quite early.
Siddhesh said…
I agree with both of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................