Skip to main content

Lehman Borthers

When I read the news about Lehman Brothers on Monday morning, I didn't really know whether to smile at my fate or worry about my best buddies who are working there. Its amazing how things change so quickly. One year ago when I forfeited Lehman's offer, I was looked upon as a fool. How can one leave such an offer for a start up company. I made matters worse when I left that job in a months time for GRE. And didn't even give GRE. Didn't get a decent CAT score either. So it was all lose-lose situation with I not being firm behind my own decisions.    And now when Lehman has collapsed some feel that I was lucky that I didn't join Lehman last year. Honestly, it is just coincidence that something like this happened. My decision could have been "correct" or "good", had I backed it with continuing work in other firm. I didn't and hence it wasn't the best of decisions to leave Lehman. In fact, till I joined Netcore in Jan my parents would always complain that I should try for Lehman again. But, I didn't want to go back to them. And I think that was a right decision. Hopefully, my friends who were in Lehman come out this "mess" safe and sound. Of course, I am sure Sidscope isn't a person to succumb to such situation. Lets hope for the best. :)

Comments

Nikhil said…
I didn't really ??? whether to smile at my fate or worry about my best buddies who are working there.
Nikhil said…
which word did u miss?
know, ask, worry, anything else?
Siddhesh said…
Done.

I m thinking of hiring a proof reader. Are u interested? :D
Siddhesh said…
I believe it was good that you didnt join Lehman, not because it went down a year after. Infact, I would consider myself lucky to have been part of all this mess. It was an experience beyond words. Dont really know what I've gained or lost, but whatever happened was a great learning lesson. Coming back to your early decisions, right or wrong as they may seem to you now, I feel these decisions would go a long way in your life. First of all, we all do mistakes, the earlier we do them the better. So you were better of there. The fact that you took those decisions tells a lot about you. It might not seem so apparent, but it takes lot of guts to take such decisions. Hats off to you for taking those decisions !
Nikhil said…
Hats off to you for taking those decisions !
Well, hats off to you for your acads.
I cannot evaluate the decision you'd taken .. pan hats off varun athwla

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................