Skip to main content

Jiraiya

Jiraiya's last thoughts after his defeat at the hands of six paths of Pain. One of my favourite scenes from Naruto Shippuden -
Its not how you live but how you die in the ninja world.. A ninja's life is not measured by how they lived but rather what they managed to accomplish before their death.
Looking back, my life has been nothing but failures
continually rejected by Tsunade,
Unable to stop my friend,
and unable to protect either my student or my mentor
Compared to the great deeds of the Hokage my actions are trifling insignificant things indeed. I wish I could have died like each of the hokage. A tale is only as good as its final turn of events the plot twist.
Failures must be seen as mere amusements! They are trials which hone your skills, I lived believing that And in return I swore I would accomplish a deed so great that it would obliterate all of my failures and I'd die a splendid ninja. At least that's how it was supposed to go
But with my plot twist
My tale ending like this
The great lord Elder prophesied that I would guide that revolutionary a person who will make a great choice that will bring either stability or destruction to the ninja world
I thought I would stop Pain and Akatsuki, But in the end I failed in that selection too.
How pitiful that this will be the twist to "The Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant"
What a worthless story....

Naruto..... Now that I think about it, Naruto, you are just like that novel's main character.
You've inherited Minato and Kushina's wishes, their hopes
And yet... I...
Never go back on your word and never give up...
Naruto, if that is your ninja way...
Then as your mentor, I have no business whining.
For everyone knows that a student inherits his ninja way from his teacher!
Isn't that so Naruto?
Never give up... that was the true choice I was supposed to make!
Naruto... You are the child of prophecy, I'm sure of it now.
I entrust with you the rest.

Comments

Vikas said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................