Skip to main content

Lessons of from Last One Year

This is the weirdest thing about writing for me. Every time I get these topics in my head. I keep thinking about these topics, but when I decide to write a blog about them I seem to lose my creative touch. Even now, I was supposed to remember 3-4 lessons which I had thought earlier this week. But here I am! Can't think of much!

Let me give it another try!
  1. If you disagree with your friend, better tell him upfront. The later you tell him, the more it will hurt him. 
  2. When life gives you an opportunity, make the most of it. Because when you don't, it hurts her bad. And when she is hurt, she will hit back, very bad. She will make sure that you understand what you missed. Sometimes it will mock you at a level you cannot imagine. 
  3. When life fucks you, it hurts. All you can do is just wait for that one moment of ecstasy!
  4. Arguing with your parents is usually a losing battle, but you still need to fight it out. Never accept any decision on the face of it. 
  5. People will usually raise your hopes by telling stories of "exceptions" as if that is the rule. Use your intuition more often than your friend's.
  6. On other times, they will do the exact opposite by crushing your hope based on exceptions. 
  7. Read, watch and listen to more "quality" stuff!
  8. Exercise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................