Skip to main content

Mr. Confused

So its final now. At least for the moment!!! I am going to give CAT this year.well, its been a difficult decision for me as well as my family. I had a many discussions with my family. We concluded that it would be really difficult for me to pursue MS in US. Reasons are many ranging from fees to my staying alone.
I guess the biggest reason for backing out of "MS theory" was the unavailability of any guide. For years, its been like this.We never had the emotional support we needed. When I look back for last 8 yrs or so, its been my friends who have stood by me in my difficult phases other than my parents and bro. If it wasn't for Vishwajeet, I am seriously not sure whether I would have come to merit by any chance. HE was the one who guided me to my success in 10th and 12th. Same has been Sidscope's role during my engineering.
We hardly have any relatives. Whatever relatives we have, are mostly useless.So sometimes it feels sad, after watching your friends and their relatives, or listening to their stories of "Picnic"s. I used to ask myself why the hell we don't have such a good relation with our relatives. But i guess some questions are better kept unanswered. The dullest moments come at the time of festivals. I mean the one reason one celebrate festivals is to meet relatives or their "loved ones". And without them its pretty boring mind you. I think people who have gone to US will understand it sooner or later. I hope me and my brother are able to bring all our relatives together some time in future. Till then good bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................