Skip to main content

CAT Plan - 1

Its time analyze my performances in all the test given by me for CAT. There are certain facts that have come up which are as follows:

1. First and foremost, my strength as always has been Maths and DI. The weak point has been English.

2. Strength and weakness doesn't necessarily imply that I always get more marks in the two. It talks about the relative difficulty I feel while attempting each type of questions.

3. DI has been the source of bulk of my scores. My confident level is so high in DI that I generally could attempt(not necessarily write an answer) all the question in DI section. My accuracy is also really good.  The problem here is the calculations especially the ones involving "percentages". I hate them but there is hardly any way out. Data sufficiency problems have been the real culprit in decreasing my accuracy. I need to practice them more to perform better. Last but not the least, some times the confidence turns into overconfidence and creates havoc. Example being SimCAT 1 -2007

4. As always maths is my favorite subject. There have been lots hiccups over the past 3 years, but I guess I still have that touch to deal with Quants.  Concepts were never a problem for me, though I need to search for better methods which are faster than conventional methods. Also there is question mark over my ability to prevent myself from spending too much time on a single sum. I have been trying to solve as many sums as possible in 50 minutes, but generally its my accuracy of more than 90% which makes sure that even if I attempt 1/3 of the questions I fetch good marks. This is not reliable at all and I will improve.

5. Now, Verbal Ability has always shown my disability to handle English. May be I am too scared of it or may be I am too late to improve to such a high level of understanding. Whatever may be the case, the accuracy level is so low that I have to attempt close to 90% or even more to secure that I have cleared the cutoff. Grammar is not really a problem, but then CAT wont ask such questions. These days the questions are mostly based on understanding rather than grammar or vocabulary. So you need to have great reasoning skills to get marks. The options are so closely related that I can hardly make out the difference. I hope that CAT '07 will have easier questions in VA as compared to last year. I know hoping like this will never helps. I am trying my very best(is it???) to improve. Lets see how I fare in the next SimCAT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................