Skip to main content

School Send-off

 

If I am not mistaking it was 8th February, 2001 when we celebrated our send off in Chikitsak High School. It was a pleasant coincidence that my birthday and our sendoff function was happening on the same day. In fact I do remember my classmates bringing a Cake also. First, we cleaned our classroom on the previous day. Then came the decorations. To be honest I wasn't present for decoration part of it since I had joined a test series for SSC and had to rush to give a test in the evening, but I really wanted to contribute. In fact, it was my idea to give a big Wall-Clock to school, which is hung near the entrance.

I am not able to recollect all the events that happened during that day. There was no special dress code for boys but girls were wearing Saris. To make a guess, I think I must have spent most of my time teasing Vishwajeet (as usual) along with Vikram and Viraj. I also remember that all the 10th students had gathered in Vagale Hall in the evening. Since I am not a great speaker, I was not among the people expressing their gratitude towards the school. It was Vishwajeet's field!!! Hey you remember that boy who said, "Why many of us are so unhappy today, we may be leaving this place, we may change, but this place isnt going to change, is it? Its Area, Volume is not going to change!!!" Gharat Sir gave one more of his amazing speeches and the event was concluded by "Chalate Chalate"  song by Pitke mam. On the way to the entrance, the teachers were waiting for us near the stairs. It was one of those emotional moments where one could easily break down. Many of us did(not me).  The day didn't end there though. There was the "Hand Shaking" incident which has troubled Vikram more than it could have helped him.

I have uploaded some of the pics taken by Viraj on the day. Kiran has promised me to give the rest of the photos. One interesting fact about above photos is that you will find a girl in only 1 of the photos. Why? Honestly I dont know. I think the other photos will better represent our class.

Comments

Nikhil said…
At last.. you wrote something about our school. I thank you on behalf of Dahavi A :D. Well.. send off was the worst experience of me in the school.
I was one of the people who broke down. In fact, I was the one who had cried most I guess. How can I forget that day! The memories are as fresh as if the send off was yesterday.
Anonymous said…
heyy...good going...u made me live that day again....thanxx...:)
i read this again..i don remeber what i had said...i was trembling wit fear thn...i broke down like nik afrtwards....it was very touchy day ....n it was a day tht made me realise how imp school was to me....n i made some of my best frnds for life in tht short period ......:)......love u all for making a part ur life guys....

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................