Skip to main content

Picnic - Harihareshwar

This was my third picnic with my school friends since last year. All were great trips with lots of experience to be told on this blog. The initial date for this trip was 26th Jan but since many of us were busy with exams we decided to postpone the trip indefinitely. Finally, when Kiran, Viraj, Susmit and Dnyanesh met last month, they decided that we would go to Hari-Hareshwar, irrespective of who and how many people are coming. Initially, 11 people were supposed to be coming for the trip, but as Aditya had predicted Harshad backed out at last moment. There few more people who had some other "important" stuff, so the number finally came down to 8 with no Jeetu, no Nik and no vicky(actually nobody asked him). Kiran did send a mail on our Google group expecting some more people, especially girls from our class, but as usual no one replied (They need a special invitation it seems).

Finally came the day when we would journey to the place (same day as my CAT results), we were supposed to leave in the night on 10th and reach Dive Agar on 11th morning. Susmit had arranged a Sumo for travelling. Susmit and Kiran were going to come to my place in the Sumo and then to Girgaum. Since my LG phone discharges quickly, I had put my Sim card in my brothers cell. Unfortunately, due to some (mis)settings they were not able to contact me. Also, they didn't know much about my new home. So they were waiting down for me to call, and I was waiting at my home for them to call me. It took half an hour for Kiran to come to my home. He just had the info that I stay on 14th floor. He went to A wing first. Well, it has just 10 floors. Then he came to B wing, the first place where he pressed the bell, I opened the door. When I came to the lift, a surprise was waiting. Jeetu had come all the way from Pune after initially telling everyone that he wasn't coming. We then quickly reached Dena wadi, where photo session begun before we could start off our journey. At that time, Kalpesh was passing by on his bike when he saw Jeetu. He asked us if he could also come which we said yes. So he went home, packed his bag and we headed to Dive Agar at 11:45pm on 10th April....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................