Skip to main content

Picnic – Harihareshwar

Pics 013

So we started our journey. We took the first halt at the petrol pump near King Circle. With the kind of construction work going on for the over bridge, I never realized that it was the place near my college. Picnic means travelling and travelling means some way to pass your time during the journey and that brings Antakshari into play. I was hoping that at least this time we would have some good songs to enjoy the ride. But, ohh my luck. We had brought Mr. Aniruddha aka Battu Nana. He totally messed up most of the good songs we tried to sing. I cant believe someone could sing in such a manner and keep persisting even though others are visibly unhappy with his singing style. As Susmit put it, by the time he completed one line, Aniruddha would have completed 2 lines. Worst part was that he remembered all lyrics of songs which even we didn’t remember. I remember he started singing in his pathetic tone and no one in the group had a clue as to which song it was. And suddenly he says “Mere pass hai tu, mere pass hai” in a pace that would have ashamed Rajdhani Express. After that we kept on requesting him not to sing with us as for as possible, but with hardly any success. Song that I remember which I sang well was “O Mere Dil Ke Chain” (which I am listening to now), one of my all time favorite.

Finally we reached Dive Agar on 11th morning at 4:30am. After debating over which route to take to go to the Beach, we took a long the route only to find that it goes nowhere near Beach. When we came back to original spot and took so called “short but difficult” route we realized that the beach was 20 steps away from our initial position :D The photo session begun afterwards and with moon at its best we were at our creative best. In the photos the moon was seen as Sun with black background (if you check my Orkut Album, you will realize what I am trying to say) As time passed one by one people started going back to Sumo for sleeping. Jeetu and I had sprint race which he won, but for official records of Kiran & co. no one crossed the finish line as we never saw the line :)

After the sprint I was too tired to roam around, my body started aching, I decided to sleep. After an hour of sleep, at 6am I went back to check what remaining people were doing. They were also on their way back to the car. Then we went to the place which had booked and slept for almost 3 hours. After having breakfast, we again went to the beach.

More about the day afterwards… :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................