Skip to main content

Things happening in last one month

It has been a while since I blogged properly. Here are the things which remember from last one month, not necessarily the chronological sequence:

  • Fresher’s party was really amazing to be honest. and yea as usual I did not booze. It is fun to see other booze though, especially how they behave after the drinks. Party started at 7 and went on till 10.30-11. I had gone for gym earlier for an hour and then 2 hours of dancing was too exhausting for me, so I returned back by 9.30 itself. I hear I missed the really fun - the after effects of boozing!!! (Please note that I have nothing against the boozers unless they misbehave with me)
  • Next day was Ganpati Visarjan!! Got up early and went back home. Susmit, Adi, Amruta, Viraj and Sunil had come in the morning while Ashish, Pradeep and Prabhu came in the afternoon. After Ganpati Visarjan went to Adi’ place in Girgav.
  • I still can’t believe how I we all, IM 16 section C batch went through that gruelling 1 week of assignments and mid terms tests. As they say, fortune favours the brave.
  • Force India finally won a point in F1 and what a way to do it. Both Fischi and Sutil did a wonderful job in back to back races. Paes won the US open for Men’ doubles to take his Grand Slam tally to double digits. Pankaj Advani won the World Championship whereas Vijendar won a Bronze in World Boxing Championship.
  • Del Potro and Clijsters both surprised a lot of people, including me, to win US Open singles titles. Amazing achievement by both, with Juan beating Nadal and Federer and Kim beating William sisters.
  • Module ending exams were good, some papers were a combination of previous year papers while others were conceptual based, but the teacher had given us an idea what to expect.
  • I haven’t been in touch with most of my friends, except for one. Some them seem to drift away from me, it seems they have changed, or is it my way of looking at them that has changed? Don’t really know. I don’t know why, but I keep feeling, there seems to be big “conspiracy” linking all our lives, that we are going to achieve some thing very special. Aaahhh, I have started drifting away from the post. Me and My wild imagination!!!
  • Finally, time table for the next module is out and what you know, I have Friday to Sunday holiday!! I will make use of this time to improve my GK and do some certification.
  • And ohh yea, on popular request, I have decided to be the next CR of my section :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................