Skip to main content

Karde-Dapoli Trip

Last week I had gone for another trip with my school friends. This time the places was Karde and Dapoli. One thing different this time though, was the traveling. Earlier, we used to travel in a hired vehicle or public transport like Train or Bus. This time it was our very own +Dnyanesh who had brought his Wagon R. The day before the picnic I did a big flip-flop by telling +Viraj and +Aditya that I was not going to come. But eventually I did give in to Viraj's valid arguments and decided to join them. 

We left early in the morning, thinking that we would take around 7-8 hours to reach Karde, although we reached there before 2PM. The house where we were staying was at an awesome location with a sea view from the window. We could hear the waves in the night very clearly in our rooms. The food was also great (both veg for the lunch as well as fish for the dinner). Meantime, we went to Harne port which is famous for its fish market. Well, I had never been to a fish market before. Even though we eat fish once in every week at my home, I never really see what "kind" of fish I am actually eating. In fact, most of the times I even don't know the name of the fish I am eating. So, when we were roaming around in the market, I had to take Aditya and Dnyanesh's help to identify which all fishes were kept for selling. At least, now I know what "Surmai" looks and tastes like. Rest of the time was spent as is spent during other trips - discussing various stuff, playing cards. (Oh...Sorry, forgot about the recent phenomenon of "daily reporting" of the day's activities (as Aditya calls it) to girlfriend/fiance). After a brief walk across the beach in the night, we went to back to house early. Interestingly, this was first trip where we all slept before 12.30. I also realized how severe my snoring problem has become :(

Second day morning, we left early for Dapoli. We first decided to go to Anjarle where we saw "Kadyavaracha Ganpati". The way to Anjarle from Karde has one heck of a Sea view. It reminded me of my friends from US posting some great photos of Sea taken from a hill. On the way back to Dapoli, we got lost initially but returned back home by 4. After resting for some time we went to Chandika Devi temple at Dabhol which is inside a cave. As I had to go to Chennai on Sunday, Dnyanesh had already booked a ticket for me in the bus to return to Mumbai. We had dinner at Viraj's grand mother's house at Dapoli (again Veg ... and again Awesome!) When we reached Dapoli ST stand, we found that every sole there, was watching the T20 match between India and England! After we lost the match the whole place was empty :)

After 6 hours of journey I came back home, but completely rejuvenated for the Chennai trip. Thanks to Aditya, Dnyanesh, Viraj for such a wonderful experience :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................