Skip to main content

Update

It has been pretty long time since I blogged. Though I have not been much busy, with the use of Facebook and Twitter I have lost most of my motivation to blog. Today, I thought it is about time to post an update about what is happening with me.

I didn't watch as many movies as last year, but finished watching all the Oscar nominated movies of this year. Same was with serials. Game of Thrones was as good as ever especially with the way last few episodes went. There was The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother to make me smile when my parents used to watch those dreadful Marathi serials about sas-bahu. Of course, not all such serials are bad. I am glad to have watched the live season of Eka Lagnachi Tisari Goshta. Isha portrayed by Spruha Joshi is simply amazing. So are other casts, and dialogues are amazing. Sadly the serial will end in next week, but then as Harvey Dent says in The Dark Knight - "You either die as a  hero or live long enough to become a villain." I don't want it be dragged for multiple years till it becomes a soap opera.

Anyways, this year I have concentrated more on reading. I tried to read different types of books this time. It was amazing to read the classic like Dracula which I never expected to be so much interesting. Then there was Luck by Ed Smith which almost entirely represents my thoughts about luck.There were finance books as usual like Alchemy of Finance, Random Walk Down the Wall Street, Common Sense on Mutual Funds and Lombard Street, but I couldn't finish these books even up to half way mark. I had to skim through these books as they had the same concepts repeated across the book. After reading A Short History of Nearly Everything, I decided to read a bit more science history and ended up reading Cosmos and A Brief History of Time. They were amazing to read and brought back the nostalgia of reading science books in school/junior college. In Marathi, I enjoyed reading few books written by the great P. L. Deshpande.

Apart from this lot of things have changed since July. Two of my best friends from school moved out of Mumbai for their career. First Viraj got promoted to Officer and was transferred to Amaravati and then Nikhil joined Indian bank as an Officer in Mysore. So now it is only Aditya and myself left in Mumbai. I would have indulge more in hobbies to avoid the feeling of loneliness.

I did feel a bit sad about missing my brother's convocation. I really should have been there to see him receive his degree from Steve Balmer. But as fate has it, not all things happen as you desire.

Last but not the least, the search for the right partner is still on, dunno when it will end!

Comments

Sankalp Shere said…
Great update! Mandal abhari aahe ;)

When are you coming over here?
How did you like Cosmos, Dracula?
Siddhesh said…
I am thinking of mid next year, it will also depend on when Hrushi's holidays.

Cosmos is good, though towards the end it became a bit boring. But he has explained some concepts well in simple language.

Dracula is really nice. Though it can be put in fantasy genre, it is fast paced, with superb character development. The book itself is written as an extract of diaries and letters which is quite different from the books I had read earlier. I will definitely recommend this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................