Skip to main content

Mistakes

       It is said “To err is human but to accept it is divine”. Keeping the divine part separate it is interesting to check out the number and frequency of the mistakes we make. Talking about myself, I have made big blunders in my life and am still paying the price. Want to how then read on……
        Well, from childhood I have been an introvert and I haven’t changed a bit. In those days I was really afraid of my parents and whenever they used to scold me for something I used to get both scared and angry. In that mind set I made a lot mistakes. The biggest of them was the decision not to read any books other than the books within the curriculum. They always had a problem when I used to read books like champak and thakthak. I know these books were nothing to improve my intellectual skills, but that was the age to start with such easy stuff so that I could try the harder one latter. They told me that I was wasting my time; I should read the Balbharati and Itihas (History). One day I decided “OK. Fine. You want me not to read these books ‘now’, I wont read them anyways in the future”. That was the biggest mistake in my life. I feel really bad when I think how I made such a raw decision.
          I keep making such mistakes now and then. In fact, more often than less I repent. The biggest problem with mistakes is rectifying them (though accepting it is much tougher, may be that’s why accepting mistakes is divine). I remember I have said so many bad things to Sidscope and Sankalp. After a while I realize I have made a mistake and should say sorry to them. But I am no god. Whenever I go to talk with them I realize that they have already forgotten it, so why to say sorry? Well because it is your responsibility as a friend that’s why!! One mistake I generally make is to delay my decision-making till the problem really creeps up to your neck. I am already on the verge of losing something or rather someone (which I can’t tell you now). It’s difficult, really difficult. I always try not to repeat the same mistake, but it hardly happens that way. I hope in the future I will better at handling mistakes.

Comments

Sankalp Shere said…
felt really good reading your blog.
Its very intense and true to the heart.

BTW we won't mind (Sidscope and me) if you want to say sorry... :P.
Siddhesh said…
Well.. u need not say sorry to me.. for that matter.. u neednot ever say sorry to me..

'U' stand for 'RIGHT' .. as far as I am concerned...

and RIGHT is 'NEVER WRONG' !!!

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................