Skip to main content

Picnic - 1

Hello everyone, its been a week since I had gone for a picnic with my school friends. We had an excellent weekend together. I doubt if I had ever enjoyed  so much. Before I begin describing the picnic I think its mandatory for me to give you some background regarding how we(read- Viraj, Nikhil, Aditya and myself) managed to organize it.

It all started when Nikhil who was working with e-Clerks, told us that he will have a week long holidays in last week of December. We started the discussions on where we could go. Well, Nikhil quit e-Clerks in October end itself, so we had "any" weekend to go for the trip. After the experience of 2007-school-friends-get-together-cum-picnic, we wanted to organize this one also on 26th January same as in 2007. But there was a slight difference this time, we were going for an overnight trip unlike previous one and I think it made all the world of difference.

Since it was an overnight trip, the first question was whom to call. All of us except Viraj said no to gals. There were variety of reasons for that. Most of us felt that we wont get a proper response, also there was a question of their security. Though, "security" isnt the right word to describe the situation which arise, I think everyone  understands what I am trying to say. But then I have a lot of (over!)optimistic (that's what I think) friends, Mr. Viraj is one such example. He discussed the issue with us with an open mind(I do feel most of my school friends are very much closed minded... oh did I forget myself?) He was able to convince me. So when he converted me to his side, it was half a battle won for him(why? Ask him. He knows it better). Four of us used to discuss the same issue without a concrete solution(waste of time to be honest).

We started calling our former classmates, but the situation wasn't any different from 2007 as Viraj lost the list of mobile nos. Most of the people said that they will respond in few days...... of course no body did. We(this time read it as Viraj and myself) tried again and again and started getting conformations. I thought Dnyanesh, Ratna, Anagha had a genuine reason. I was surprised that many gals gave us some crap reasons, they could have easily said that their parents wont permit them for an over night trip. Oh.... but what about boyz??? Why did most of them refused? Huh......to be honest to hell with them any their stupid reasons, we wont be calling them for next picnic.

The number of people kept on decreasing from 25 to 20 to 15 and finally 11, out of which 9 were coming from Mumbai and 2 from Pune. Till 4 days before picnic only 4 gals were coming, but first Swati Mane backed out. Viraj hasn't told me the reason. Since Bhakti(I should not have taken her name here... its not appropriate... huh who cares? As it is I am on Vikram's side) backed out saying that Neha and herself would be the only gals coming from Mumbai(Gayatri from Nashik), she would rather back out. We had to tell Neha that we wont be taking her with us for the picnic, and it was really bad thing to happen with someone. Well, she had gone to Viraj's home to pay Rs. 400 to Viraj. I know how embarrassing it must have been for Viraj to call her up and explain the whole situation. I would again like to say sorry to Gayatri and Neha.

We even had problem while deciding the place. When it was finalized to Lonavala, then there was a question of where to stay and how to go there. I don't want to discuss that thing here, because that will prove my point that Viraj is indeed an over-optimistic guy(Saale sudhar ja). And I don't want to change your opinion about someone only because of my blog...

So finally, 11 boyz, 9 from Mumbai coming in a Sumo, 2 from Pune coming in a Train heading to a single destination. Well, rest "mauja" in next post, now my neck is paining badly..........

Comments

Nikhil said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikhil said…
sid, nicely written.u've forgotten sunil. he also had a genuine reason. and wht abt khandya(swapnil:D)? had u written his story, d post wud have been more hilarious.please send the link to this post to our googlegroup.

eagerly waiting for ur next post.
Siddhesh said…
Ya u r right. Sunil also had genuine problem. He had to apply for the internship. Hey, so is his result declared?
Anonymous said…
hey Siddhesh! i have observed one thing that we 11 people have at least 1 sibling. why don't we go on next picnic with them?
Siddhesh said…
Hmmm.. Not a bad idea, but again many have little sisters so Aditya will again start opposing.
Nikhil said…
hey sid, can aditya read ur posts? if yes, then i'll invite him to my blog as i've made my blog private.
please comment.
Siddhesh said…
No he cant. I am trying to resolve that issue. I am not getting enough time.
whose this fellow who wants to go with siblings!
I don't think this is a good idea...
U go with my brother if u wish!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................