Skip to main content

Special Post

Its 14th Feb and as I had promised my friends that I will write a special post on Valentine day, here is the same. To tell you all,I had 2 major encounters of so called Love in my life and both the times I soon realized that I was misinterpreting my feelings. With the first one it was "Friendship" and in second case it was "Attraction". This does not mean I don't believe in love but just that I have never felt the way, it is written in books or shown on TV. I have personally been successful in identifying "love" interests between my college friends before even their best friends could come to know. Particularly, in case of Madhura and Anup. Hey, I am not the best of friends with them but may be because of my observation skills or may be pure coincidence, I always felt that it is one good pair in making. This feeling was at peak when we had gathered for 31st Dec night out. So when Madhav told me about the pair being together in Feb I was smiling in my mind - "Ha Ha Ha I was right about the two".
Very well, I have talked a lot about others, its time to talk about myself. Well, the first girl was Meghna, not from my college :) but from my old school. She was one of the best female friends I ever had. The reason? Because when I changed my school, the rift between boys and girls had started in the class. After that, I became very shy with girls and hardly talked with them even during my BE
(of course there are very few exceptions also). I felt a great deal about Meghna when I was in 11th(rather in the start of Agrawal classes, waiting for my next encounter with love). You can call it a sixth sense, but 3 days after I had a dream about her, my classmate from old school called me only tell me that she was marrying in the next week. It was one of the strangest feelings that I cant describe. No doubt, she was younger than what is legally is allowed. I think it was my friendship that I had thoughts about her in those days. I have not seen her till now, have not even heard about her.
Second encounter was not about friendship. I was in Agrawal classes and she used to sit on the next bench. I seriously never noticed her till, on some fine day I felt she was looking different. I used to wonder what the hell was wrong with me- why I liked to see her face again and again. To be honest, when I was at home, then I didn't even bother to think about her, but in the class I never missed an opportunity to look at her face. This was odd for me since I always avoided to look at girls unnecessarily(I know Viraj would laugh when he will hear this statement but it is true). Incidentally, during our long discussions after Subodh dada's class I realized that it was "attraction". Thats the phenomenon through which every individual goes through at some point of time, rather many times in life. Interestingly, she was one of my inspirations to get "299"(Remember I said one of the reasons and not the only reason). Come on now, any guy would like to impress the girl he likes and I had my brains to do the job. It is a different story that she is also a merit ranker, so I don't think I ever impressed upon her. Unfortunately, I never talked with her in Ruparel and couldn't be her friend even in the years after that. Well, you can say that I was shy and didn't want to have any relations with girls in my college days, but really I do miss her. Not because of what happened in 12th but because I think I missed an opportunity to have a great person as my friend. Being an introvert has its own disadvantages...
Even now I get attracted towards a lot of girls(as any male would be at my age) but I think key is remembering that its just mental state where we like a particular person. A kind of chemical reaction in our brain(Now where did I hear that dialog... oh I guess Munnabhai.. chemical locha) . I am not trying to point fingers at some one but really, talking on phones for 5-6 hours with a girl who is not interested in you is way too much. In fact to be frank its not sensible thing to do even in case the girl is interested in you. Emotions are like water, it flows in whatever direction it gets. One should not let go of emotions and act in an abnormal . I have seen guys n gals pretending to be lovers in class 6 and 7 which is ridiculous. What do they know about love? Its another story that the two I am talking about are still lovers and roam around Marine drive sea face :).
Anyways, it was nice to talk about my past experiences, the only problem is that some people have started making wild guesses about the second girl. Who knows, it might actually be the girl standing next to you.:P

Comments

Meghna Bhujwala said…
Hey that was soo cute..hope your "chemical locha" grows into a full blown love for someone!! :) Happy Valentines Day :)
Siddhesh said…
Thank you. Happy Valentine day to you too.
Nikhil said…
and wht abt ubuntu? :P
and after reading this post i was seriously thinking.."ani vikramla mhantat **********" m nt joking. yah and that point was right.. love is a chemical phenomenon. so if u or any boy claims that he is in love with some girl(or OS), i advise u.. just wait, u'll fall in love again with another girl(or OS) till u see a better one.
Nikhil said…
well i havent told u yet, but difference between u and i is that i had proposed to a girl and that we love i mean.. our testosterone reacts when v see different girls.
Sankalp Shere said…
majja aali vachatana :)

Happy valentine day!!!
Siddhesh said…
I am speechless ...
Anonymous said…
mazaa aa gaya.. :) good one..
could completely relate as i wrote my own post on a similar topic recently.. :P
Siddhesh said…
Dude, how did u find this post? This dates 2 years back :)

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................