Skip to main content

Being a Gnome Fan

I have turned into a big fan of Gnome. I am the only one in my office who is using gnome. Every one else uses KDE. The user interface of KDE really sucks man. Gnome is more closer to Windows in terms of user experience. Though many of the KDE apps are more advanced than their counter parts in gnome, I still feel that Gnome has enough functinalities to be able fulfill my requirement. After the launch of Banshee I have stopped using Amarok. Not that it is better than Amarok, but its certainly better than that Rhythmbox. Sexiest thing about Gnome is its Termianl. I just hated using Konsole in my early days in office, I wanted Gnome Terminal.
Its another story how I got Gnom installed on my system I wanted to enable compiz on my PC which has an old motherboard with no AGP. It broke down KDE and I could use my desktop GUI. So finally I had to call Chandan and installed Gnome. Well, not that I learned from this mistake. I faced the same problem in Gnome also when enabled XGL. Thankfully I had enough experience to restore my X11 settings without lettting Systems people know about it.
Even now I am using OpenSuse10.3 with gnome on it. What about you? What do you use?

Comments

tht was horrible to read fr me...couldnt understand a single line man....u give me complex!
tht was horrible to read fr me...couldnt understand a single line man....u give me complex!
Siddhesh said…
Do one thing. write a blog post on electromagnetism, that ll give me the same feeling :)

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................