Skip to main content

Maths 99

After a really long time, I am wearing the watch given by Prasanna Pandit to me. Its been five years since he gave me this watch, but I have worn it hardly 6-7 times. When I walking towards office, I just remembered one funny incident involving Prasanna and myself. I would like to share it with you all.
It was the day of HSC results. I had returned home, and was getting lots of congratulatory calls. At around 7 o clock, I got a more of such calls. The guy on the other side was talking in Marathi. Well, I thought he was one of my father's friends. He asked me my Maths mark which I told him to be 99. He congratulated me. Then he asked me my overall marks. I said, "570 out of 600". I was really not able to make out who the person was. So finally, I asked him that I didn't recognize his voice and wanted to know who he was. It was none other than Prasanna Sir.
He was wondering why I had not called him up when most of the other guys had told him their marks. I said sorry to him before he asked me my marks in physics and chemistry. When he asked me about my marks in Physics and Chemistry, I followed it up with two "100"s. He started laughing. He said," OK. so thats why you didnt tell me your marks. I was the culprit behind you not getting 300 in PCM" :)
I must say, he was really generous to us when it came to the prize distribution, he took all 98-99-100 from hsi class/test series to Central Peningsula and gave big feast.And of course the watch. Its been ten years since I bought a new watch. Keep getting new watchs from freinds, techers......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................