Skip to main content

Inconsistency Personified

That's how I will describe my CAT campaign this year. This year I made one change in my tactics. I joined TIME test series this year. It has more number of papers than IMS and different style of papers. I thought it was about time to change my strategy when I failing to make the final strike for past 2 years. Till now I have given 6 AIMCATs and my performance has been all but inconsistent. I started on high this time around with 99.2 percentile. But after that I have not been able to continue this start. My percentiles in the next 5 AIMCATs have been 92.6, 99.7, 97.7, 96.8, 93.6. I have been surprised by my last AIMCATs performance. I expected a better percentile than 93. I knew that I had an average Verbal Section but expected DI and QA to propel my percentile to 95+. It didn't happen that way.

Talking about the studies for CAT, well, I cant really talk about it as I have not done any. I know I have to work harder now, that I dont have much time for studies because of work. I think I am being lazy these days. Need to pick myself up to the next level to actually get into an IIM. Nikhil has been helpful who gave me his TIME notes and papers. Hopefully I will start using them as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................