Skip to main content

CAT 2008 Special - 1

Well, its finally over. Result will be declared in Jan’ 09 and I will be eagerly waiting for it. I honestly didn’t use any of the “score calculators” which create so much confusion and chaos in people’s mind. I prefer to keep the “good” feeling till the actual results are declared.

As you might have guessed from the “good feeling”, that I had nice CAT this year. It was nice because I felt like reaching to the next level which I always wanted to reach during this year. I am not saying I have cracked the CAT. No. I had a few tricky moments during the test, but what makes me happy about my performance is that I felt satisfied. After a many ups and downs during my AIMCATs in TIME, I came through with a decent performance in each section.

It was really amazing how this CAT preparation shaped up. I started the studies in July end though I joined the TIME test series earlier. I had joined IMS test series for past 2 years but didn't see any real results in the final CAT. In fact, I had scored 99 percentile in my final SimCATs in both the years. I thought that, it was time for a change. It was nice to start with 2 99 percentile performances in my first 3 AIMCATs. But things began to go bad when I started studying. Well, first of all, my attempt in DI was quite depressing. I was consistently inconsistent in each of the sections as my percentile in each section varied between 60-99. I reached my nadir when I attempted just 2 questions in a 25 Q DI section. In the same paper my percentile was 83. That was bad, really bad. I had to make some changes otherwise I was down in the dumps. I tried thinking about it.. what could I do to change the trend..what are my problem areas… am I lacking in knowledge or practice.

I started to think about previous CATs.  Just pondering about what went wrong. There was one thing I realized quickly. I never experimented with my time distribution. My current strategy was 50-50-50 minutes rigid policy with no change for a section being easy or hard. I had to change and then came the CHANGE…..

Comments

Sankalp Shere said…
I almost forgot about your CAT.
Good to now that it went well. :)

Best of luck for your results..
Awadhesh said…
Hey.. nice blog.. :-) Reading this post I felt as if it was a description about my experience in Aimcats.. :-P So, what was the change you adopted finally moving away from 50-50-50 time division?
Siddhesh said…
I will post that soon. Not getting time to complete that post.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................