Skip to main content

Friends

Last one month has been a small reunion of its kind for me. I met so many of my VJComps friends, Vishal Gaikwad and Sagar Bhogale- my old school friends also called me and we talked after so many years.
It all started with JMET when many of VJComps had IIT, Mumbai as an exam center. Madhav had arrived 2 days earlier, and I thought it was the best time to meet him. On that day, I met Sidscope, Maddy, KK, Lovesh, Prashant, Rahul, TD and Meshram. We went to restaurant at Huma Adlabs and man it was costly!!! I had never paid Rs. 350 on Lunch for a single person in my whole life and mostly will not. To talk about Maddy, he hasn't changed much. His patent "big laughter" is still there!!!
Then came Piu. She had time on a weekday and I had some work at CTS, so we decieded to meet. This time, she had also invited Nishant, Achin, Madhu, Maddy, Silly and Arun(whom I could not meet since I left early). Not much change in Piu either.
Then came XAT on 4th Jan. I e-mailed Vikrant, Shailesh, Mugdha and some others in Mumbai to meet me after XAT. It was nice surprise that all the US people whom I asked did come. XAT was business as usual, one more entrance in a list of so many exams. Afterwards, all the Mumbai people (read - Meshram, Madhu and TD) who were in the same center "ditched" me to go along with their "other" friends. Shail was coming in half an hour, so I decied to take round of VJTI before I go to our meeting place. Fortunately, Shail and Vikrant arrived before time and it was fun talking with them. We went to "Garnish" for lunch, where we were joined by Sidscope, TD, Dhiren, Madhu and KK. In KK's language "Maja aa Gayee!!!!" From there, we went to VJTI, spent some time in the "Quad". Mugdha and Maddy joined in soon and we decided to eat some "Chat" to the place near Kapol Nivas. After Madhua and TD left, we headed to CCD near VJTI, that was just the third time I have gone there, even though I have been in VJTI for 4 years(first time with Maddy and others in 2 nd year and then with Jeetu and Sawant). Finally, at around 7, I thought it was time for me to leave to study for yet another entrance exam :) About the four US-returned people I met, not much change in their nature really. There all are still the same. I always admired the "Mudstuds" and their friendship. Honestly, I would pay to see Shail and Vikrant flirting with gals like the way they did in CCD(did I say little too much there or was it just exaggeration???). They simply hillarious, more like Chandler and Joey. Vikrant was visibly looking fatter, though he wasn't agreeing with others. Dhiren didn't talk much as he was in a hurry. Mugdha was certainly looking "different" with the "straightened" hair.
Next week, I had to go to Thakur College, Kadivali for FMS. So came the meeting with Harshad Telang. This time it was restricted to 4 of us, Harshad, Sachendra, Sidscope and myself. Harshad has followed his brothers footsteps in his career, whether its School, Junior College, Engineering College or US university. And when it came to job, how can one expect it to be different :) Even he is placed in Amazon like his big bro.
In the meanwhile I didn't meet my school friends, except for surprise visit to Nik's place. I would like to thank Vrushali, his sister for "keeping an eye" on him, so that I could give him a "surprise".
All in all, last year this period was marked with calling my friends, and this year it was actually meeting them after college. Hope we keep meeting regularly :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................