Skip to main content

SSC - 1

Its been a long time since I told you everyone about my school. Its time for more now. I would like to talk in detail about my each year in school. And I will start with my tenth. It was by far the best year in my life, till now. Even though my school started on 13th June, the whole process for SSC had already started in Feb.

I had to look for coaching classes for 10th and I wasn't particularly happy with my previous class. The person who used to conduct those classes, Narasale Sir, would teach all the subjects, ranging from Marathi, English to Science, History. Jeetu suggested me to join Gharat Sir's class for Mathematics and Science. It was going to cost 8K. For me it was a very large sum for just 2 subjects, I had spent less than half of the amount for 3 subjects in 9th. But I had faith in Jeetu, so I went for it. As always I was late there. Sir told me that I would have to join a different division's batch, since 'A' division's batch was full. I said OK, lets hope I get shifted later..

Then came the question of other subjects. I was particularly bad in Marathi, History, Geography. I wanted to make sure that I would be able to fetch more marks in these subjects than my previous years. Here also it was Jeetu who advised me,"Join Subodh Dada's class". Unfortunately, this time I was too late. The batch already overcrowded with no place for me :( I had to join Narasale Sir's class for rest of subjects except Sanskrit for which I was relying on our former class teacher and Sanskrit teacher, Dalvi Mam.

What came as surprise addition to all these preparations was "Patavardhan Test Series". Mr. Mahesh Patavardhan had just started a test series for SSC students. Obviously, looking for good students to join his test series, he approached my school. He offered to give free test series to top 5 students from Chikitsak. Since, I was neither in top 5 at that time nor famous among my teachers, I wasn't called. But, then it was my destiny to join the test series. Most of the toppers had joined Subodh dada's class. So the timings of his class and the test series were clashing. Once again, it was Jeetu and Vikram who suggested my name for the test series. My father and I met Mahesh Sir and decided that I will appear for as many papers as possible, especially the prelims which were around 5-7 (I don't remember exactly how many prelims I attended).

So it was decided, I would attend Gharat Sir's class for Maths and Science, Narasale Sir's class for others subjects and finally Patavardhan test series (free!!!) for practice.

(cont.)

Comments

Nikhil said…
Waiting for your next post..

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................