Skip to main content

MyToday Feed

It was a pleasant surprise when I got a message from my blog SMS feed of MyToday. The last time I got an SMS from my feed was when I first time subscribed to it, 8 months ago. In fact, today I also received an SMS for the SMS feed which I created for Nik's Blog comments. It seems our DM output has increased a lot :)
In case, your are wondering what I am talking about, you would be happy to know that our company provides users to subscribe to RSS fees via SMSes. So whenever the blog/site is updated, you will (ideally, every time blog is updated) receive an SMS. This SMS will contain the title of the post and around 50-60 words of the post. The SMS will finally contain a URL on the mytoday site which contains a image-removed, mobile friendly version of your blog post. For example, here is the mobile friendly version of my previous post.
You can do the same. Just login to mytoday.com Go to "Feeds" -> "Manage Feeds" -> "SMS". Here, you will find a add feed option. Just provide a name and RSS feed link and select the "send SMS" option. Once your feed is created you start receiving SMS about the blog you have subscribed. Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
how to create a feed
initially i was receiving sms alert for my gmail

once wen i changed my password for mail the alert stopped and now i forgot the method

can u hepl me out
Siddhesh said…
I guess you are talking about the Email2SMS product.
Since, I have neither worked on this product nor used it, I would advise you to visit the link http://email2sms.netcore.co.in/index.html
Unknown said…
no no i got the idea once again

its not email 2 sms

its a diff way yaar

if needed i wil post the idea

email2sms is payable and only 100 sms free per year........
thanks for ur reply

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................