Skip to main content

Whoa!!!

Boman Irani's son's wedding took place yesterday. Why do I blog about it? Here is my "log" of yesterday night.

I was going for my regular walk after dinner, I was surprised to see a Mercedes near our building's gate. (WTH! They have lights to their side mirrors?) Next I saw a BMW (I love the BMWs more than any other cars), Then I saw two guys standing outside the car in black suits. One of them was familiar. (He looks familiar... This is the guy who appears on MTV or Channel V... Some Cyrus) Oh yea its Cyrus Sahukar! But what was he doing there? Oh yea, there was some Parsi wedding going on at that completely weird place which surrounded by trees all around. I never thought somebody would host a wedding at such place. As kids we used to call it Bhoot Bangla considering the fact that I never saw anyone going in or coming out of the place and there used to be hardly any light there. As we went ahead to the main road, I saw a line of cars parked. There were BMWs, Audis, I even saw a Porche. (What the hell is going on?? Who is getting married?) I decided that, since there was too much traffic ahead, I would head back to home. But Mayu told me that we should check out what was happening there. While we were crossing the road, we heard loud roar ahead. As we went ahead, we heard people shouting "Aamir Khan". Unfortunately, by the time we reached there he had already entered the hall. We waited for some more time. And the wait was worth it, as we saw Ritesh Deshmukh, Ranveer Shauri (Whats up with that weird beard?), Sonakshi Sinha (Whoa!! She is tall!), Jackie Shroff, Subhash Ghai (They still travel together?), Ameesha Patel, Juhi Chawla, R. Madhavan. As it was getting late, we returned back, but the cheers kept getting louder and louder as I could hear them at my home. It was only today that I checked TOI website (where else you could find it), that I came to know that it was Boman Irani's son's wedding (That connects Parsi part)!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................