Skip to main content

Memories - III

Matheran 2010 - Taking some rest on route to Neral
Before I begin with the events of the latest Matheran trip, I will first talk about how Matheran has been a memorable location for me. First thing I remember is the journey returning from Matheran to Neral. I don't know how and why we decided to walk all the way from Matheran market to Neral station. It started all well, with singing "Break up Ke Bad" song. But as the time went by, we realized how stupid we had been. Of course, the stupidest among us were Aditya and myself, who actually walked till we reached the bottom of the hill where Neral starts. Our dear friends - Susmit and Viraj, got a rickshaw in between and met us when we were resting at the bottom.

Second trip was full of confusion. Day before the trip, I informed Viraj that I was not well, so I would join them in the afternoon and they could go ahead in the morning. As Viraj was having office, he decided that he would join me in the afternoon, leaving Aditya and Nik for the morning journey. But, they were never informed about the same. Both got ready in the morning, Nik even reached station to buy tickets, but when they contacted Viraj, he informed them that 2 of us would be coming in the afternoon. After hearing this, Aditya and Nik, strangely decided to go back home and come with us. Co-incidentally, during the afternoon train journey, 4 of us got split into 2 groups - Viraj and I at one side & Aditya and Nik at other side.


Matheran 2011
Now, to the best part of trip and the most embarrassing on my part. It started with the usual topic that when is Aditya going to get married. We have a "legend" in our group that we all are fallen angels (Shapit Gandharva), and we are cursed that we will remain single until Aditya, who has been sent by God, gets married and lifts our curse. So when I started the topic, Aditya asked me about the girl, I had a crush on during my college days. I told him that she is very far from me, distance wise and long distance relationship don't really work. At that time, only Viraj and I knew about my Susmit and his GF. Viraj, suddenly blurted out that I could look at Susmit's example. Aditya and Nik, started asking him, why I should consider his "example". As Viraj usually never gets into such situation very often where others can verbally torture him, I joined the gang. But I made a mess of the whole thing by blurting out more than what Viraj had done. In the moment excitement, I said - look at Sha...sh....... There was a big laughter and no one discussed anything further about it but everyone got an idea, what I wanted to say....

(to be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................