Skip to main content

School - 3

So I was talking about the change. What happened was Vishwajeet joined back Chikitsak High School in 9th standard. He was topper at his previous school and I expected him to break into top 10 of the class. One more of the change was the subjects such as “Work Experience”, “P. T.”, “Drawing” became grade based. Traditionally, boys would suffer a lot in these subjects with girls getting more marks in these subjects. This was the year when I made new friends in Vikram, Viraj and Aditya. The four of us used to totally harass Jeetu. 

Well, as expected Jeetu toppled Deepashri in the 1st Unit test itself. For a change even I was in top 10 :). Of course, my concern was the semester exam. But, I again performed well to keep my place in top 10. In fact, I kept the pace in rest of year to fetch 4th rank in final exam, one rank behind Jeetu. The NCC was also better than previous year, since my batch mates were the rank holders in NCC then. Of course, it wasn’t that easy. More about it later. The distinct points about 9th were – the only year when I “copied” and “copied” a lot and why not when you have the 1st ranker sitting behind you ;), Patkar Mam crying in our class, first time getting more than 80% in a final exam, first time in private tuitions.

The best year, as you might already know, was 10th. And it’s not just me, ask anyone from my class, they would tell you the same. For me it was the landmark year. I got a great friend like Jeetu, great teachers like Gharat Sir. I owe them my success as much as my family. As it happens when things are going your way, everything seems to be placed in the right way. Even the losses you make at one point turn into blessing in disguise. I joined Gharat Sir’s class for Maths and Science and continued with my old teacher for rest of subjects. I also joined a test series. The way I got into each of them is a story in itself will require a separate post.

And you know what? Boys rocked 10th, we were in top ten. Kalpesh got Balashri award for his excellence in Drawing. Jeetu and I got the first 2 ranks in all exams, we were way ahead of others. I still am not able figure out, what happened to others during that period. Even though, the best exam I gave that year was SSC exam, the best set of papers were the 1st Semester Algebra and Geometry. I simply can’t forget those papers. The result of those 2 papers told me that I am something special. It was an awesome feeling which still cheers me up (it was good to think about all such incidents just before CAT).

I guess that's it for now, but I am not finished about my “school” posts, more will follow soon.

Comments

Nikhil said…
school post kadhich sampnar nahi. u can write abt our meetings.. which will unlike to stop.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................