Skip to main content

My First Vote

     Hey, I just realized that I forgot to write about my first vote. Well, I am eligible for voting since I have been 18 but I did not register myself earlier. The reason was that I was certain I would be shifting back to Grant Road after few years and did not want to take hassles of making the changes in my “voting area”. So when I shifted back, my brother and I registered ourselves before the assembly election.

     Being a Government college I was having an off on Tuesday for election, but since we had many lectures before and during our placements, I arranged one lecture at 10am. I had to rush back to my home on Monday evening. I got up early on Tuesday and voted at around 8 o’clock in the morning. The voting happened so quickly, I was expecting long queues, etc. but it was quick and fast. It took hardly 2 minutes. Then I went back to college immediately.

     I am looking forward to the results of the assembly elections which will be declared on 22nd October. Lets see who wins…

Comments

Meghna Bhujwala said…
I havent voted since i've come to hyd :S
Nikhil said…
GK? shaalet 'nagrikshastra' mdhe changle marks tar milvaychas. konachi copy karaychas re? ;)
Siddhesh said…
Arey civic science kadhich manavar ghetala navhata mi.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................