Skip to main content

VJTI Memoirs

This is one of the posts which I should have written long time ago. Honestly, the time I spent in VJTI was awesome. Maybe I was too much studious at most of the times, but I did enjoy those birthday parties, lunch/dinner after every semester exam, Pratibimb, Technovanza, Nirmaan, time spent at hostel especially room no. D-104 (Pratik, am I right with the room no.?)

I remember the first day I went to VJTI. I was searching for PRD 2 classroom, but there was no class like that. Actually, there was a PLR 2 where we had to go, but there was a mistake in the timetable. I guess that should have given us the kind of mismanagement we were going to see. I was pretty nervous on the first day. I was attending college after almost 6 months. I wrote my 12th exam in early March and VJTI started on 15th of September. I was afraid how I was going to spend 9-5pm lectures, won’t I get bored? How strict the teachers will be? I saw few familiar faces from Ruparel though I hardly had any interaction with any of them except for JC. I really don’t remember the first lecture, but almost every lecture had an “introduction” part. I also remember how I met Madhav and Sidscope. I always remembered Madhav’s name from 10th and 12th merit list (other than Shekhar Gurav), I really don’t know why. I wanted to meet this guy who had scored more marks than 70% of general list students depsite taking biology (usually science stream merit list doesn’t include students taking Vocational subjects). We all were standing outside the Workshop and everybody was telling their name. So when Madhav’s name came, I was like, “Ohh, तूच का तो माधव?”. Sidscope was one of the last guys to join VJComps with Shailesh. I was sitting on the last bench in that top floor corner CLR classroom when this guy came to me and introduced himself. “Hi, I am Siddhesh”. I said, “I am also Siddhesh :)” It is difficult to believe that it has been almost 3 years since we passed out, and at the start of my first year, I used to wonder, “ही चार वर्ष कशी काढणार मी?”

Comments

Sankalp Shere said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sankalp Shere said…
I remember the first person I met was Manoj, we sat next to each other during orientation. I guess it was 15th Sept 2003, engineers day. Prof. Varvandkar (I guess thats the name) was principle then. He started his speech with 'Marathitun bolu ka?' :), everybody including Manoj was like Nooooo..

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................