Skip to main content

Do you like TA?

Abhiram…. This guy from Nagpur is always full of energy, and is always ready to help others even if he himself is in a mess. During our final semester exam he was wrongly marked as absent, so he had to come all the way from Nagpur to Mumbai to get the result corrected. Fortunately, the matter was resolved and he got 70+ percentage.

Anyways, I am not here to discuss his life here. I want to share one joke of his with my friends in vjcomps. It goes like this. .. In the final year of my BE, I used to work (???) for final year project with his room mate Pratik, Sankalp and Sidscope. Since Pratik stayed in hostel, we decided to do development in his room (D-108, if I am not mistaking). Now, Abhiram is all guns blazing when Kapil (another hostelite) is around. Kapil is a shy guy who rarely speaks about girls, forget about other stuff. So when Kapil started talking about some boring topic, Abhiram used to say, “Tell me the truth Kapil, tula ‘TA’ avadate ‘TA’………”. As you know we sometimes call Kavita as “TA” to distinguish it from “THA” which was for Kavitha (Do I need to tell you why he selected “TA” and not any other girl from our class? ;)). Abhiram used to continuously pester him with the same question. Also, Shere and I don’t need an invitation to join in the fun. After a lot of torture when he finally said “ha…. So??”. Abhiram replied, ”Kon Savita na? (Looking at the shocked face of Kapil) Arey tula kai vatale?”(You like Savita?.... No?... Then what did you think?)

P.S. : I know I wasn’t able to add the Masala to make it more hilarious, but I guess it was the whole situation which made that incident a memorable one for at least me.

Comments

Sankalp Shere said…
Brought back old memories :)
Anonymous said…
Dat dudes really funny!! bahut logon ka khicha hein..
Good of u to post this.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................