Skip to main content

CAT 2007

Finally, I took the Common Admission Test on Sunday, 18th November. I liked the way I worked my way to the CAT center. On the previous day as well as on the D-day, I didn’t show any signs of tension or pressure. It was going to be just another test. And it turned out to be one….

The test started at 10.30am. Interestingly, the person with Test Registration No. previous to me was absent, similar to last year. I started with Math, then Verbal and finally DI. Unfortunately my performance in none of the section was satisfactory. Even though, I have got really good marks in Quant, it did put some pressure on me. Quant was really tough, but I should have told myself to calm down as most others would be having tougher time than me. It didn’t really affect my English, but severed my DI. I should not have skipped the 4 DS sums at the start of the section. But it’s always easy to say after the test, what “should” be done and what “should not” be done. It’s all about what you do in those 2 ½ hours. I tried my best, to produce a fairly good result, but as one of my friends says “Good is not good enough when better is required”.

I should get 44 in Math, 32 in DI with 15 to 25 in English. That makes it 91-101 as my total. I hope whatever it may be; it fetches me a call from at least 1 non-IIM. I don’t think there is a possibility of any IIM calls, but then that’s not the end of the world. I have XAT, CET. I can crack those tests, and accomplish my goals.

Finally, finishing of on a happier note, I am damn sure my friend Sidscope will get a call from at least 1 IIM. His score is varying between 110 and 120. Best of luck to him. :)

Comments

Best of luck for results....n furher exams....i am sure u ll land up at a good institute for sure....
Meghna Bhujwala said…
Ofcourse its not the end of the world..there's no end to the world unless u insist to put one!! All the best v'r praying for you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................