Skip to main content

Committee Selection

Last month committee selection took place in my college (such as AlumCom, PlaceCom, B-Gyan). Being active in such during my college days, it was obvious for me to apply for such committees. But this time I decided not to. Reason? There are few which are as follows:

  • Many of the committees do the same job under different name. For e.g AlumCom brings an alumni of NITIE who can guide us, brief us about his management experience. Now even Samiksha and B-Gyan are doing the same. Few weeks a ago we had Mr. Ashwin Jacob from KPMG brought by B-Gyan, previous to that Mr. Sunil Shidwalker from Delloitte (Whenever I hear/read this name, I keep wondering why I had skipped this Biggie in my campus placements) had come. Obviously these committees are doing great job but why have 12+ people in each committee where they are more or less achieving the same purpose (exceptions Impact, PlaceCom and Prerana)
  • Now the most important reason. In my Ruparel days I was busy with studies. I regretted not attending a single festival of Ruparel. I tried to make up for that loss in VJTI by trying to attend Pratibimb with full vigour every year. I worked as a volunteer, as an organizer as well as a committee member in VJTI. I have organized seminars in Nirmaan and ACE, and I know how it feels when you work so hard for the seminar and people don’t appear for them. I have also had joy of working with great leaders in my batch like Sidscope, Alok, Aditya (I would call him Mr. Cool of vjcomps) and many others like them. But somewhere down the line I felt that I was not able to give enough time for myself, my health, interests, hobbies and yes to some extent my family. I mean, come on, once I get into a company when am I going to get time to read books, or play Cricket or for that matter any other sports, read information on web(even Nikhil Kulkarni mentioned reading wikipedia for a full day in NTIE when he was in NITIE). Obviously it is up to me to utilize the time which I have created by abstaining from committee selection. I have already joined the Gym (I already see Jeetu laughing out there) in Hostel 5 and would join my neighbour, Varun for Badminton. Good thing about NITIE is that it has facility for many sports like Badminton, Cricket, Football, Basketball, TT, Carom. Hopefully, I will make the most of my time in NITIE.

P. S.: Being passionate about Software I had decided to apply for Mastishk and TechMatrix. I got a reject from Mastishk, lets see what happens with TechMatrix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................