Skip to main content

Module 2

Let me talk about the teachers and the subjects we had in the previous Trimester.We had 8 subjects. Which were-

  1. Marketing Management – II: Dr. Neeraj Pandey took this subject and was decent in teaching us the fundas of B2B Marketing. What I like about his teaching style is his case studies. Due to time constraint he could give us only 3 cases but the way these cases were discussed by every group was amazing. I liked this subject more than MM –I, even though we had the award winning Prof. Ranjan Chaudhari for MM –I.
  2. Organizational Behavior: Whenever we will talk about case studies, we would think of OB. Dr. Sumi Jha gave us an opportunity to boast in front of other sections about the number of case studies we got for OB in the whole Mod. At least one case study per week was the norm here. Again I liked this one more than CS in previous mod.
  3. Operations Research: One of the easiest but still the toughest subjects of the Mod. The kind of syllabus we had, anyone would say it was the easiest subject of the lot. But the kind of problems we had to solve were truly of “MBA” level, I was loving it!!!
  4. Data Communication: A complete technical stuff. I doubt if any other B-school has this subject in their syllabus. Same about Prof. Bisawas, though he is supposed to be good at giving marks and that is what matters :)
  5. Software Engineering: If SE in VJTI was not enough, that I had to endure SE again in NITIE. But then I certainly had an upper hand with some prior knowledge, and that is what saved me.
  6. Macro Economics: Actually the name of the subject is something different which I never remembered, not even at the time of exam. One of my favorite subject in Mod 2 and taught by really good teacher, Prof. Malati Hoskote from SIES.
  7. Financial Management: Less said about the Prof the better it is :P
  8. Procurement and Materials Management: Nice subject to be honest. But I was never into this Ops stuff. Dr. Akarte did his best and hopefully we have also done well in the exam :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................