Skip to main content

Back to Home

     It has been 3 days now since I came back from NITIE. One of the students from our hostel was tested positive for Swine flu and it started a big panic wave across the college. There were rumors of some more people being affected by Swine flu. We, section C of IM-16 batch, had planned our 5 day holiday between 15-19 August, so we had not lost lectures during Raksha Bandhan time. So as was expected many people started fleeing back to your home. People were asked to wear masks while going out in places of public gathering like mess.

     It Monday when the news of one of our batch mate having swine flu broke out. On Tuesday there were just 20 of us attending the 2 lectures, and on Wednesday just 8 people appeared for the IE lecture. Since, many people were going to leave by Wednesday, irrespective of whether lectures are cancelled for 13-14th or not, our CR, Sudhakar, decided to call up all the teachers and cancel the lectures. Once the lectures were cancelled, there was no point in staying there much longer. I packed up and left NITIE at 4 pm.

     Next two days were full of pain as my lower back right leg were in acute pain. I had to go the Doctor for a checkup. I had to restrain myself for 2 days not to check my emails (I just check if once in 2 days and didn’t use my Desktop for anything more). I tried studying Business Stats on Thursday, and I must say that  could not find too many devils there to scare the students. It is an extension of Maths – V of engineering, where I scored my least marks Maths, so I feel an extra obligation to secure A+ in stats to wipe out the memories of Maths – V. Friday, well, I could barely walk to Doctor’s clinic. I had few problems to tackle than just the back pain though, so I was there for more than 15-20 min. The biggest remedy for most of health problem is “water”. I drink too less water which is having adverse effects on my health. I have decided to be much more careful this time and drink more water and fruits with Vitamin C (which increase our immunity).

     Feeling better now. Not much pain with hardly any sign of cold. Hope this continues. Meanwhile, I had to cancel one picnic due to the swine flu scare. So I will be at home for the complete holiday period!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................