Skip to main content

Life @ NITIE: Day 75

     15 more days to go for the exam and the submissions deadlines have started pouring in. After 75 days in NITIE I can say that I have settled down quite well here. I am still not bored of the mess food and have in fact decided to quit drinking Tea. Progress in the various subjects has been based on my interest. So even though we have made 3 PPTs on marketing, I still don’t have clue about the 5Cs and 4Ps. On the other hand, with hardly any practice of Business Stats, I still like the subjects (This seems to me like the repeat of Mechanics in FE where everyone hated it and I liked it). Ops, POM, IE are also going along nicely. I have had nice experience during Communication Skills lectures with our Prof encouraging everyone to interact more with the class asking people to take initiative to improve the public speaking skills. Last but not the least, it turned out to be boon that our previous Eco Prof left the institute for IIT Indore, as the new teacher much faster than her and much more interactive. I liked the way he conducted a game of passing pens from one end of a line to another to explain the “Law of Diminishing Returns”. That’s it for now. I would have to start working on our Marketing Report, otherwise Basu and Simran would kill me…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................