Skip to main content

Fair @ NITIE

Bramham-Wheel2

Today I went to see the fair opened near NITIE campus. It has been a while since I went to any fair. The fair had started around 10 days ago, but I wasn’t finding anyone to go along with. Finally, I went Sharmistha, Tejas, Snehal, and 6 more from my college.

Since childhood I have been really scared of heights and speed. I remember once I sat in a Giant Wheel and after 2 rounds got so scared that I started screaming. They had to stop the Giant Wheel. Since then I had never dared to step into another such ride. But this time I really wanted to feel the thrill. The first ride was vertical Giant Wheel (like the one shown in the image). There were 10 of us in the same round with Vinayaka and I in the same car. Well, was I scared? Of course, I was!!! When you start falling… that feeling of “free falling” is hard to describe.. Then went another ride which was slanted. This was not as scary as previous one though Shruti with whom I had gone there, tried her best to scare me. After that we went to “मौत का कुवा”. I had seen that one in real life before. Smaller than what they show on movies. But breath taking stuff. I mean how can someone do that!! And I had never heard of Maruto 800 being used in such stuff. Then we roamed around for sometime. Finally Snehal, Sharmistha and I went to one of the dhaba’s to have Sheesh Kabab. All in all, मजा आली:)

Image Source - http://www.giantwheel.co.uk/resized/Bramham-Wheel2.jpg

Comments

Tejas said…
Yay! ... next timer we'll go to essel world :)
Siddhesh said…
Sure. I hvnt been to Essel World even once.
Couldnt make it last year when my school frnds had gone there :(
shruti said…
HULLO...I tried to scare you???How mean
Siddhesh said…
Oh yes u did :P

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................