Skip to main content

My Wish List

So what would I like to get as a Birthday gift. If you are going to give me a gift, let me make your job simpler ;)

  • There are 2 things I liked the most in childhood but was only able to “enjoy” both at the end of last year. I am talking about Goggles and Jackets. In most of childhood pics, you would find me with Goggles or Jacket. I really didn’t get too many chances of wearing them in school/college life. I broke my maiden Goggles during my first Pratibimb. After that it was only in 2008 that my dad asked me to buy another one. Now, I have 2 if you include my brother’s Goggles, but I still have space for another colorful one, especially the one in "The Hangover” ;)
  • Books. Well, I would not call myself a good reader. But I always felt the need to read good books either for pure entertainment or to improve my intellectual prowess. This is an area where I feel that I lag behind everyone. I know there are thousands of books out there which I should read, but I have very bad buying habits, i.e. not to buy :( So if you know one good book English or Marathi which you think I should read, then go ahead ;)
  • Cricket Bat. My last bat was broken last year :( Used it for 10 years.
  • A Memento which I can cherish forever
  • No shirt, pant, watch (Have 5 watch at home and haven’t bought a watch for past 10 years) or a showpiece.
  • Oh, and if you really love me, then you can always get an iPod Touch :)

Comments

Nikhil said…
i read the last iTem twice to make sure it is iPod only and not iPad :D
Siddhesh said…
Nusati list baghu nakos :P
Nikhil said…
घरी ये. अनेक पुस्तके आहेत माझ्याकडे :P

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................