Skip to main content

Seven Things People Dont Know About Me

Since I have been tagged by my dear old friend Sankalp I need to write 7 things which people don’t know about me. Let see, what’s the first thing. Hmmm…

  1. Since childhood I have the habit of copying International Cricketers batting style. I used to practice in front the mirror everyday, even during my engineering!! I still don’t have my own style of batting. I usually get into the same mode of thinking as the batsman I am mimicking. My favorite one was Damien Martin’s stance followed by Dravid and Laxman (I like those wristy shots)
  2. One day during my final year in VJTI, I had created an email account similar to our Profs, and sent a mail to our CR, asking everyone to be present for assignment submission. Next day, whole class was present.
  3. I had written the spelling of Physics as “Physices” on my 11th notebook. It was only when one guy from my class laughed at my mistake did I came to know the actual spelling.
  4. Like Sankalp, I am really good at Antakshari. That was one thing I always liked about School Picnics – Antakshari. Five of us myself, Viraj, Aditya and Rishi were enough when it came to Antakshari against the girls.
  5. I have made blunders while understanding songs. I used to think that “संदेसे आते है" is “Sunday से आते है". In the song “विठ्ठल आवडी प्रेमभाव”, I used to sing “विठ्ठल नामाचा रेटा हो", which actually was “विठ्ठल नामाचा रे टाहो”.
  6. I have hardly copied during exam in my whole life except for my ninth. That was the year when I copied like anything, no wonder I came 4th in the class :)
  7. Now there is something which people don’t know about me and I only want only selected few to know it. That’s why this.(Try your luck, it is all written in your name. If you are the right person, you will be able to see it)

Now, I tag – Jeetu, Nik Jr. Nik. Sr, and Susmit

Comments

Sankalp Shere said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sankalp Shere said…
hehe.. can't stop laughing.. You know which one I am talking about :D

2nd: When did you do that? I guess I was absent even then :D

5th: Same same.. I have knack at changing words in songs and I don't even realize I do that..
Siddhesh said…
2nd one was distributed Systems by Bhole. I guess only told Maddy and KK abt this at that time.
Yours Truly said…
yyyupppp.... i remember the 2nd one :P :P Heyyy...BTW... wots the deal with the 7th one ??? Am I not on the select few :( :( :(
Yours Truly said…
dudeeeeeee :D :D :D (my curiosity got the better of me, sorry :P)
Meghna Bhujwala said…
Sunday se aate hain is soooo helarious!!!!!!
Siddhesh said…
@Meghna: Worse thing is tht it took me more than 10 years to realize the correct line.
@Maddy: ;)
Siddhesh said…
Yea, I guess I first heard the song on "All The Best" serial in mid 90s and realized the actual line when humming it while walking with bro on one fine evening 2007.
suday ..:D...hahahaha....

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................