Skip to main content

Coincidnece

It is amazing how coincidences happen in our life. There have been a lot coincidences in my life, some of which are such that I am still amazed at their occurrences. Two such incidences happened recently, well, actually almost a month ago.

First one. After my CAT result was declared, I had not met my school friends for almost 15 days. Unfortunately, our picnic on 25-26th Jan got cancelled. But since most of us were free on 25th, I decided to meet them at our usual place opposite Wilson Gymkhana. I asked Susmit who was going to come from his office. Aditya could not come as he was having some work. Nik said “hmm” when I asked him if he was going to come. Finally, just after I left, I called up Viraj, he was going to Lalbaug and told me that he will be back by 6:30. I reached the spot before 6. As expected(!!) no one from my friends were present. I called up Nik, he said he never said that he was going to come!! Susmit was on his way from office to home and it would have taken him half an hour. I was really angry with all of them. When I come on time why do people behave in such a way. I had no choice but to either head back to home or sit at the sea face alone. I chose neither ;) It had been a long time since I had gone to Churchgate end of the Sea face, so I thought, lets make a round. Honestly, I was frustrated with idea of walking like that. How can none of them be present? I have made such a triumph and no one’s here to congratulate me in person :( Since I had around an hour, I was thinking of going till Nariman Point (Hey, I don’t even remember the last time I went there). No sooner did I reach opposite Intercontinental, I saw a familiar face. It was Snehal. It had been almost 18 months, first time after college, I met her. She had come with her college friends (that’s when I realized MBA students have college on Sundays). It was nice talking with her, it is always nice to speak with your friends after a long time. I headed back to Girgaum after speaking her friends for 10 min. Actually, it was the first time since I met Sidscope 4 years ago near Marine Drive with his friends, that I met a VJTI friend at my “hang out” place.

Second one makes me laugh. It was when Jeetu and Gayatree came to Mumbai. Jeetu and I were going to give a Birthday party. We decided to meet at Shivaji Park at around 7, since most of us were bored with Girgaum’s restaurants. I thought that I would give a book as a gift to Jeetu, but I was having CET the same afternoon. Well, I have not yet bought an original book in “book stall”. I didn’t know where “Cross Words” was. I thought, lets go there just before the meeting time. At around 6 I got a call from Neha that she doesn’t  know where to meet, she even didn’t know about statue of Bal Thakaray’s wife(I hope you know which statue I am talking about). She knew the “Anotnio D’silva” School, so I asked her to come there.  Well, I knew Sidscope’s school, I have passed by the same many times. I left home at around 6.30, reached Dadar at 6.50 and a missed call from Neha at around 6:55. I thought that it would be very difficult for me to find Cross Words, find a good book for Jeetu and then go and meet Neha, all of this “on time”. But then I have always been a “late latif” in my school days. I called up Sidscope for the exact address, but I am really bad at finding addresses. I really could not find the book store till 7:15. He had told me to move towards “Siddhi Vinayak” from Shivaji Park. I kept looking for “Cross Words“ and kept walking. I saw the Dadar Catering College. I realized that I had walked too far ahead.  I saw a left turn a little ahead. I thought it is better to head to D’silva school. When I was about to take a turn, I saw that the building at the turn was also “Antonio D’silva” college. At that moment I got a call from Neha that she was about to reach the Bus Stop. I told her that it might take a while before I reach there. I was wondering if this was the school she meant. I crossed the road to check the bus numbers at the bus stop only find out that the bus from which Neha was coming, was going to stop there. And as expected in 2 minutes the bus came.

I have taken around a month to write this, so there have been more such incidents in this period itself. But I guess I will list them down as I get time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................