Skip to main content

Picnic – Harihareshwar

This is the last one in the series. Earlier two parts are 1 and 2.

I guess I have started forgetting what had happened in that picnic. Let me think again. Hmmm.. As I said earlier we went back to the beach. Aditya, Rishi and I decided to play cricket. Rest, except Aniruddha (I would call him Battu Nana from now onwards), were enjoying the sea. After almost half an hour, we started with our “photo” sessions with my photo obsessive dear friend Jeetu taking the lead. Last time we had taken a photo where everyone in the frame was jumping the in the air and we had caught that moment of being in air in the frame. But this time we hardly succeeded in synchronizing the jumps. As last time I wasnt in the jumper’s list, and was busy taking photos. Only Battu, Rishi and I were the three person not diving in the water. During one of the jumps, Kiran told me to shoot in Video mode, because they were going to pull Rishi in water. It is one of the hilarious videos I have ever recorded in my life. They had to jump on the count of 3 and the only person to jump at his place was Rishi, rest of all jumped on him :D (I would have liked to share with you all, but its 28MB ) 

Of course, they were not going to let me go easily. Salyanni mala pan dubavala. After returning, we had a really good lunch. A typical Marathi style. After an hour sleep, we again started our journey to Hari Hareshwar. This journey was better, heard better songs in the Sumo and had one crazy discussion, also. I dont know from where the discussion started. It was Viraj, Aditya, Rishi and myself talking about ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’. Should Nandini have left Sameer like that? Is there anything wrong with Sameer’s behaviour? Whats so great about Ajay Devgan’s character? Maja aali discuss karayala. After we visited the temple, we had some time left before we could head back to Dive Agar, so we found one “Katta” where we could simply talk, talk and simply talk. There were lots of questions asked but very few positive replies. Well, the way Jeetu was asking people question, he was asking for trouble, and he did get his reward the next day!!!

After returning from Hari Hareshwar,half of us were tired. They slept as soon as they came back. Rest of us, started playing with cards, but were bored soon afterwards. Then came the time for again talking and this time it was hell lot different than our previous talks. It was just Viraj, Rishi, Kiran, Susmit and I awake till 3am.

Next day we went to the Ganesh temple in Dive agar. The return journey was height of our “teasing”. I have never seen something like this before. I guess the person who bore the brunt was happy that his journey ended at Dadar itself(details of the journey cannot be discussed here).

All in all, badhiya experience tha. May be could have timed our departures properly, could have called up right people for the picnic, and missed some key friends. Anyway it was nice to be there with all of them!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................