Skip to main content

First Day @ NITIE - 1

So this was my first day at NITIE. I had decided to leave home by 8 in the morning but left at around 8.30. It was a something which I had never felt before. My brother Bunty started crying, well, he is a bit emotional. He hugged me and then sobbed on my sholder. I could see water in my Aai and Baba's eyes. I will never forget that moment.

Then baba, bunty and I, left for NITIE. Santosh kaka and Aryan accompnied us till station. We took a borivali train and got down at Andheri. Then took a rickshaw. There was a huge trafic near Saki Naka and it took around 1 hour for us to reach NITIE from andheri station. Once we reached there, we went to the PGP Hostel block 1-2 office. We found that some of seniors had not vacated the rooms and we would have to wait for some more time. At that time I realized that I could have come 1-2 days earlier, booked a room and then came back today. Anyway, I was alloted the room at around 2 o'clock. Meanwhile, I tested the mess food, thought it was good enough for 2 years' stay ;)

After moving my luggage in the room, I went to the academics section to verify my documents. Well, my clumsyness was at its best when I forgot my CAT score card in my hostel room bag. I had to rush back to hostel and collect my CAT score card and complete the whole verification procedure. In the mean time I asked baba and bunty to leave as they had to wait so long for me.

I have also received the time table. This year NITIE is having 3 batches for IM course and the third batch, i.e. my batch is supposed to have lectures on saturdays. In fact, we are going to have 4 half days in our 6 days in college. Not sure it I will able to go home any time soon. Hopefully, I will go back to home on saturday night, come back in the monday morning.

cont...

Note: This post was written on my first day at NITIE but I couldnt access internet for past 2 days, hence a late post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................