Skip to main content

First Day @ NITIE - 2

So now the next part.

After I got document verified, I had to go to the sports complex along with other IM-16(that is my bacth) students. There were professors and seniors waiting for us. We had a small session from Profs about NITIE. After they left, the seniors, “the Impact team” took over. They called random names from a list and asked those people to intorduce themselves to the crowd. They were also required to tell a USP and perform it in front of the rest of the batch. Some of the introductions were really pathetic, some were enthusiatic. I remember a Bengali guy, singing “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” in bengali. The kind of expressions he gave, it was an excellent performance. There was a guy from Bhopal who has also done modeling, showed us how walk in ramp. Btw, in case the USP was too boring for the crowd, then such people were asked to perform a poll dance. In fact, one guy even did a strip tease ;)

Finally during the dinner break we were asked to collect a case study from the xerox center and had to submit it before 7 am next day. On top of that, we also had to assemble on the PPO road at 7.30am in the morning. My group consisted of 3 boys and 3 girls. Since I was having a laptop, everyone gathered in my room and we completed the presentation at 4am.

In the morning I got up 7am and still managed to have bath and all, and reached PPO road at 7.30 sharp. This time our seniors took us for tour of NITIE where they showed each block, the “96” steps of NITIE, football ground, basketball court, NITIE special guest bunglow, etc. After the tour, we were asked to re-assemble in the Sports complex for some more fun. This time, we were asked to perform a skit/play which would include some of the managerial skills like leadership, communication skills, interpersonal skills. Unfortunately, my group’s performancde was too long and some of us including myself could not perform. Again in the next 2 days we had some real fun which includes strategy games, quizes, bonefire, etc. Some of the groups who had made a good PPT for the marketing and finance case study were asked to present on Sunday.

On Saturday night we were given a topic with double meaning and we would have to make a play which will have double meaning dialogues but should not be vulger. Some of the topics were – “Indian Pie” (which my team got), AdultsFriendfinder.com, Shake my hips.com, Brave Fart, the italian “job”. The best performance came from Brave fart, where a guy’s GF is kidnapped my some gundas and he asks a Baba for help. He is given a blessing by a Baba that we can fart any time, any place, any amount. The guy becomes “Fart Man”. Fart man goes to a lady who is having problem with a LPG gas, he uses his “gas” to fill it. He tries to fill baloons using his “fart”. The guy who performed Fart Man, used the “Makkad Man” music and sung “Aaaaaa… aaaaaa…. Fart Man” which was liked by everyone including the judges. Awesome performance!!!!

My favorite part on Sunday was the Quiz. To be honest, I hardly got any answers right, but I was astonished to see how people think and know about various topics. Sadly, many questions were based on western music/movies which I could never have answered, thought I liked the trivia which the quiz master told us, that Indian criket team used to watch Dada Kondake movie – “Andheri Raat Mein, Diya Mere Haat Mein” before every match and they started winning the matches.

I was too tired at the end of Sunday, to dance in such a humid condition in front of that fire, is not an easy job. But it was fun. Its been ages now since I danced, last time I danced was in Pratibimb '07.
I will tell you about my first day in class in the next post, so keep waiting ;)

Comments

Nikhil said…
what's ur USP?

also read d entire post once when u get time.

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................