Skip to main content

Offer Letter

Last week I collected my NITIE offer letter. Yes I did not have the offer letter till last week. Problem was the address given to NITIE was my Lower Parel address. I had informed my neighbors to collect my offer letter in case it came by post. When I got no reply till 13th April, I called up Asst. Registrar at NITIE, he told me that the letter was already sent. He asked me to send the DD without waiting for the offer letter. One of my batch mate in VJTI, Pranav, who is currently studying in NITIE, advised me the same. So I mailed the DD with my name and application id on the back of the DD.

I didn't even receive the acknowledgement from NITIE till mid May. I had to again call them up to find out the same. I did receive the ACK as letter afterwards. But I was yet to receive the offer letter. I decided it was better to go there personally and collect the duplicate offer letter. In the 3rd week of May, I went there in the morning. It was really bad journey. I boarded the train at 8.30am, got down at Andheri at 9:20am. I decided I will go by bus, did not remember the number. I asked a TC, he told me a bus number. Just as I was hunting for the bus stop for that bus, I saw the bus with same number as told by the TC, I ran and got into it. Unfortunately, that bus was having a different route. (Lesson of the day - believe in your instincts, you thought 186 is the bus #, then you should have waited for the same bus) I got down, waited for 186, but when it came it was too much crowded. Well, I am not used to rickshaws, so finding a rickshaw was a headache. Worse part was no body seemed to know where NITIE was. Since, it is near to Vihar Lake I decided to go till Vihar Lake in rickshaw and then search a bit. But, my damn luck!!! Once we reached Vihar lake, we asked people but no one really knew NITIE. Finally I thought its better to walk than go in the rickshaw round and round in the Vihar lake area. After I started walking, I asked few people for the way to NITIE. They directed me to go straight from L&T Infotech. And in 15 minutes I reached a familiar location near NITIE. After I went inside NITIE, I faced the usual situation in a government office of being sent from one building to another. When I finally reached the correct building, I had to walk 4 floors only to find the related official was not present, he was busy with PGDIE admissions some where else. Other offical present told me to wait either till 3 or come some other day. I had to return empty handed to office at 12:30 :(

Last week was a little different though. Thanks to Susmit's Bike I reaced there in 1 hour at 9.15pm. The same official again was not in. But this time his colleagues helped me. They told me to wait for some time, as they thought he might be late because of train. After around 15 minutes the lady started searching for my duplicate offer letter. Meanwhile she also had to answer the calls coming to admissions department for the offer letter and DDs. Finally she found my letter, and asked the peon to get the Annexures. She got the sign from Asst. Registrar and I was ready to go with my offer letter at 10:15. I called up my father and Susmit(after all he gave me the lift).

Yet to fill the forms though, need a Doctor to fill the medical certificate, there is one undertaking, and etc. Mostly I will feel it by the end of this week. Bye 4 now.
8888

Comments

hummmmmmm ..........nice experience overall .... ALL THE BEST
Anonymous said…
I curious what these Govt officials do! Same experience with me @ our good ol' VJTI. Anyway, best of luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................