Skip to main content

Last day @ Netcore

 

Image0033

So it is over. After 16 months in Netcore, it feels sad to leave my friends. But then as Purwa said, "You leave office, you don't leave friends!!!"

To be honest the day started as a normal day. I was trying my best not feel any different about the last day. Of course, for everything I did that day was termed as "last something” in Netcore. So there was last "Lunch", "Tea Time", "Photo session", "CCD", etc. I was wearing the shirt given by friends in Netcore. I was really overwhelmed to know how much my friends love and respect me. Being last day in office I didn't have any work as such, but it is a little difficult for a person like me to just sit like that. I baked up all important data on Ashish and Anand's PC, got an Ubuntu DVD to be installed on my home Laptop.

Meanwhile, I got calls from QA Bangalore team, Prashant, Vijay, Arun and Mahesh all for 4 different reasons related to QA. Then attended my last Triage in office. As I used to call myself, "the non-performing members" of triage, it was no different on the last day also. I hardly reported any issues in Triage (because I hardly faced any, except for the Dolphin issue in April). There was Shaily, Vaubhav, Sheetal, Sunil, Pradeep and myself in the last Triage, and of course Mahesh from Bangalore.

Lunch was usual, most of the regular attendees were there. Even, "Always Busy in Netcore" - Nithya also came for lunch with us!!! But for tea time I missed her and Prabhu, they were busy with a meeting (a Demo, I guess) with Girish(our COO). I had formed a MOB called teatime so that we could communicate the timings of our tea time. Initially we used it extensively, but after the MOB priority was decreased, we had stopped using it.

Soon after tea time I completed most of the formalities related to office work and accounts. Only thing remaining was my exit interview. Since, Cynthia had not come that day and Girish was busy with some meeting, we waited till the meeting for over. My exit interview was smooth and was over in 10 minutes. We had planned to go to CCD afterwards. As usual, Nithya had lots of work, so she couldn't come with us. But rest of the Gang was there. Ashish, Anand, Amita, Pradeep, Shweta, Aitf, Arun, Sumanth, Prabhakar and of course Purwa. I missed Kedar and Roshan too (damn they were present even for Manoj's farewell :P) From CCD to Lower Parel station I told my friends about how I landed up in Netcore and how I am proud of my decision to choose Netcore.

It was really nice to see people mentioning that I have a special place in their life. I guess that is how we want to be. Remembered even when you have left the place. I am sure all my friends in Netcore will always remember me. Have nice day everyone!!!

Comments

Purwa Jain said…
Sid, you have always been special and a very dear friend to me. Rather every member is our team is very important. Again, easier said than done but don't forget, you have left your job and not your friends. Feel free to contact us whenever you want, anytime, any hour, any day, we will be there for you irrespective of the fact where each one of us is. Also, don't forget, we have allowed you to leave us so that you grow ahead in life and make the best of you. Else it is really not worth it to let you go. So, make sure AAP HUMARA NAAM ROSHAN KAROGE . And finally one Sharukh dialogue, HUM HAI RAHI PYAAR KE, PHIR MILENGE CHALTE CHALTE ;-)
Kshitiz said…
sid,
it was very brief with u,but then i can atleast tell u what sid feels like new and instant..
inasmuch as i knew u, u did leave a good taste. u actually r one of those good guys who make people around comfortable instantly..
Venture yourself nice n smart from here on..

Have a nice time.
mahesh said…
Siddu bhai, I personally feel that in the last 16 months of your stay in netCORE you have rocked on the apps that you have worked.....

As you have a special places for all netCORIANS in you heart, we do have special place for you in our hearts....

Working with you have been very comfortable and the pain you take in explaining things is amazing.....i am sure many of us agree with me.

CHEERS....
Anonymous said…
All the best for the new phase of ur life! :)
Nithya said…
Siddhesh... I am not that busy re...

See... I found time to comment on your blog... :-)

All the best!

- Nithya.
Hi sid,

As I know 2 yrs prior to netCORE from our VJTI ( u might be not knowing me which is not an issue :P), u r one of the cool person with a lot of patience which i ll admire all the life (infact i ll love to hv these qualities is me too). Also everyday I love to read ur blog without fail (I mean its my life has become a part of my life ). Keep it up throughout the life to be composed & diplomatic.

I feel some VJTI factor is missing in netCORE after u left. neways All d best for ur future & be in contact & be my friend plzzzzzzzz

Keep Rocking
Best of luck to you in your new endeavour !!
atif said…
You were the #include "stdio.h" of our C program. I wonder how the program will run now? ;) Although, there's nothing good in this bye, but still, Good bye my friend.
Rosh said…
Dear Siddhesh,

I couldn't make it for the CCD send-off, yaar! Sorry about that. And yes, it had nothing to do with going for Manoj :).

I felt really bad about missing that. I hope we can catch up sometime, since you are going to be in Mumbai. Lets plan for sometime this month if you can make it.

Roshan
Kedar Parikh, said…
Hey sorry man,

Ek kaam kar, tu bhi Manoj ki tarah tel laga ke aata aur "yo" "hi" (haath upar uthake) karta toh mere aaneke chances badh jaate, ne ways lets catch up man.

Many best wishes for you.
Siddhesh said…
Hey everyone, thank u very much for your wishes!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................