Skip to main content

Random Thoughts…

Hmmm... This is my first post written from my laptop. Memories of last Sunday are still fresh in my mind. And come on, how can any of us 4 forget? What hurts me more is that this was supposed to be my last picnic with my school friends for the year 2009. I know it is too early to say that. But looking at the way each of us getting busy nowadays, it is impossible for most of us have common date on which we can arrange the picnic.

Lets take the case of each of us. I will be joining NITIE on 18th June and will be staying in hostel. Even though I will having holidays on Saturdays and Sundays, looking at the busy study schedule which we have, it seems difficult for me to meet these people. Same is true with Nik, he hardly met us last year as he was doing his first year in MBA. Jeetu has completed his BE and now is concentrating on his Rifle shooting and CDS interviews. Susmit will start preparing for the GRE and will need to spend more time at home studying with his irregular shifts. Then comes Aditya. He is doing correspondence MBA, and has exams on Sundays. Viraj is also giving various bank exams, these exams are always held on Sundays. Vikram has stopped meeting us long time now, he just comes once in a blue moon. Dnyanesh has been transferred to Hyderabad. Kiran is in Pune and comes once to Mumbai in 15 days.

But hey, hold on!! Am I being too pessimistic here??? I guess so. Even during my engineering I was very busy. And so were my friends. But we hardly missed our Sunday/Saturday meetings. Of course, there were times when some members were absent, had fights with others, but we were always together. And I am sure we will always be.

One more thing I would like to mention before I complete this post, I always wanted add some more members to the group, especially girls, but unfortunately, I was wrong at most times. The only time I was right was with Susmit. The guy mixed with others in the group, and now is better friend with some guys in my group than anyone else. Kiran and Jeetu should thank me for giving them opportunity to meet Susmit ;)

Comments

Sid said…
hey..
siddhesh here too! (amazin to see a person wid same uncommon name isnt it!)
jst saw ur blog n must say.. well kept buddy..
i came surfin frm orkut, to twitter and then to ur blog..
wel done mate..
chao..

Popular posts from this blog

Raja Shivchhatrapati Lyrics

इंद्र जिमि जंभ पर… बाडव सुअंभ पर… रावण सदंभ पर… रघुकुलराज है ! पौन बारिबाह पर… संभु रतिनाह पर… ज्यों सहसबाह पर… राम द्विजराज है ! उदरात माउली… रयतेस साउली… गडकोट राउळी… शिवशंकर हा मुक्तीची मंत्रणा… युक्तीची यंत्रणा… खल दुष्टदुर्जना… प्रलयंकर हा संतास रक्षितो… शत्रू निखंदतो… भावंडभावना… संस्थापितो ऐसा युगेयुगे… स्मरणीय सर्वदा… माता-पिता-सखा… शिवभूप तो दावा दृमदंड पर… चीता मृगझुंड पर… भूषन वितुंड पर… जैसे मृगराज है ! तेज तम‍ अंस पर… कान्ह जिमि कंस पर… त्यों मलिच्छ बंस पर… सेर सिवराज है ! जय भवानी, जय शिवाजी !   Thanks to Nik for sending this. In case any of you want to read the whole poem you can visit this link .

My Favorite Song

I always loved marathi songs. Be it the usual film songs, or the ever spiritual bhakitgeet. I am great fan of Vasant Bahar (the collection songs by Vasant Desai, Vasnt Prabhu and Vasant Deshpande). But all these songs were recorded in older times, before the 80s. In fact there were not many songs from the 90s which were really great. The emphasis was more on Comedy and the music paid for this. In fact there were songs which were "combo" songs containing the marathi versions of many popular hindi songs. Post Shwas era however has been much more encouraging. There were some amazing numbers like Radha hi Bawari, Man Udhan Varyache, Malhar vari and more. The song which I am going to mention here was an special addition  to the "Aga Bai Arechya.." audio CD. It was got the modern touch which I think is essential for Marathi songs if they really want to compete against the Hindi or Punjabi songs.  Sung by Swapnil Bandodkar, this one is at the top of my favorite songs list

शायरी

कुछ बिखरे सपने और आँखों में नमी है, एक छोटा सा आसमां और उम्मीन्दों की ज़मीं है, यूँ तो बहुत दोस्त है ज़िन्दगी मैं, पर जो खास है वाही पास नहीं है ....................